over 60?

Options
Fr3shStrt
Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
Hi, I'm 2 weeks into the NROL4W program and I'm loving it. I'm thinking about giving my mom a copy of the book, but do you think the exercises are appropriate for someone over 60?

Thanks

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Depends on her starting point. I hope when I am 60 that I will be lifting heavier than I do now. That being said, I think NROL4Life is more appropriate for the average person in their 60s.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 2 weeks into the NROL4W program and I'm loving it. I'm thinking about giving my mom a copy of the book, but do you think the exercises are appropriate for someone over 60?

Thanks

I'm 60! I'm on Stage 4. I started easy and have been building up very nicely. I don't know your mom so I can's say yes or no, but it works for me! My last wide-grip deadlift was 100lbs. :happy:
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My last wide-grip deadlift was 100lbs. :happy:

Nice!

My mom is in pretty good shape, she goes to the Y at least 3 days a week and does some kind of class for "Active Adults" with 5lb dumbbells... at least it is something. I know she wants to be healthy and I think she could benefit from pushing herself a little more.

Thanks for your input!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I love lifting! I feel more fit, more strong! Have your mom contact me if you want, or if she's on MFP have her friend me!
  • heyjay31
    heyjay31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My mom is in her 50's a doing this with me. She is slowing increasing weight. At first she increased weight pretty quickily but has stalled. She loves it:D I am so proud of her!