Whey protein powder

Options
dzuli823
dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
Hi fellow clean eaters! I was wondering if anyone has an all natural protein powder they can recommend? I currently use a pea protein powder, but the texture is gritty, and I don't use it often because of that.

Thank you!!

Replies

• libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I used to use them when I was doing the "Body for Life" program, but it's been a really long time. I just use Organic Greek yogurt instead of the powders now.
  • dzuli823
    Options
    Yes..I forgot someone else did mention that! Thank you!
  • zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and cottage cheese are also loaded with protein. I have a hemp protein powder but its gritty too. I caved and have a whey protein. I just wish it had regular sugar in it. I haven't found one yet with more natural ingredients.
  • dzuli823
    Options
    Great ideas and really helpful...thank you!
  • RelativeChaos00
    RelativeChaos00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I came across this article a while ago, hopefully it helps!

http://www.heandsheeatclean.com/2012/06/clean-protein-powdersreviewed.html
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I've heard some people recommend Sun Warrior Rice Protein. I just use regular ON Whey and Casein.
  • dzuli823
    Options
    Thank you!
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love Nu-tek pro mrp 5. It is actually a meal replacement supplement. It has a lot of good stuff in it, tastes great, I use vanilla. It also has chromium piccolinate to supress appetite. I only use 1 scoop at a time.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I use Bluebonnet Whey protein isolate, chocolate flavor. I have a hard time hitting my protein goals with just dairy, eggs, legumes, meat, etc. I like the powder because it's a fairly inexpensive and nonperishable source of protein.

http://www.bluebonnetnutrition.com/product/41/100%_Natural_Whey_Protein_Isolate_Powder
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Nothing about "whey protein powder" speaks of natural to me.

I'd suggest using real whey, from yogurt or kefir. It is alive and much better for you. Hell, even whey from cheese making has got to be better.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb Whey Protein is very good tasting not chalky.
    Jay Robb uses Stevia to sweeten the Protein Shake and advertises it is the best tasting Protein shake or money back guarantee. It is 110 calories and 1 carb and I love all the flavors. I will never use another Protein shake because I have tried so many of the brands and his is the best 25 Grams of Protein i have tasted yet. :drinker:
    I suggest you check out what Sweetener is used most will say Aspartame or Sucarose aka Splenda. Stevia comes from the leaf of a plant.
  • Latte_Lover
    Latte_Lover Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use Dr Mercola's Miracle Whey Protein powder and Jarrow Whey Powder. They are both all natural and Dr Mercolas is from grass-fed cows. Jarrow also comes in organic. Both are good in flavor and I don't have any consistency issues.