"Clean" Brands

Options
mrzpeep1
mrzpeep1 Posts: 64 Member
can anyone give me suggestions of some brands they buy that are "clean" I've been trying to research online but I'm going cross eyed. One website says these foods are ok but then when double check ingredient with another website it says its bad.

I've found meat, dairy, fruit & veggies. I need help finding bread, snacks etc.
thanks in advance!

Replies

• dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My grocery store is hannafod, and they have their own line of all natural foods. They call the line 'nature's place'.

Others include: Borowski for bread/english muff, Van's for waffles, Casacdian Farms for frzn fruit & veg and cereal (though Post raisin bran is now all natural), Newman's Own for snacks, salsa, dressing, Horizon for cheese sticks, milk, Earth Balance for 'butter', Amy's for frzn pizza, can soups, Muir Glen can tomatoes or soup, Pacific for broth, Luna bars, whole foods brand '365', Moms Best for cereal, Annie's for mac & cheese and snacks, Stonyfield for yogurt, frozen yogurt, some of Snyders pretz are all natural

I was jus thinking of the natural aisle in my grocery store. Does yours have a Natural aisle? I know Shaws around here does too. Just pick something up and read the ingredients. After a while, you'll find what things are what you're looking for.

Hope that helps!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Definitely read the ingredients, if there are few and they are actual food products then you're good, but I've found products that say they are "All Natural", but then read the ingredients and realize the only thing "all natural" are the words on the package.
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Definitely read the ingredients, if there are few and they are actual food products then you're good, but I've found products that say they are "All Natural", but then read the ingredients and realize the only thing "all natural" are the words on the package.

Right! Or it says No Preservatives,,but has artifical colors, flavors, etc. You do have to read the ingredients bc labels are so tricky. Lousy it's so small tho
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Most grocery stores have a "clean" section, or they include a clean option with the "regular" items. Your first several trips to the store will be long and you'll again be crossed eyed when you finish reading ALL of the labels, but eventually you will become familiar with the best manufacturers...AND which ones you like and don't like. I've discarded or choked down quite a few products that I just didn't care for, but after a few years, I know all of my favorites quickly, by sight.

I shop at Publix (owned by Safeway or vice versa) and they have a store brand called Greenwise. It's less expensive and most products have a Greenwise option, including meats. They're not all organic, but most are and the meats have no added hormones, antibiotics or artificial stuff.

enjoy the learning process and let us know what you find!