still would like to add exercise cals

Options
Hi guys,

I see some people only add 1 calorie for their exercise because those cals are included. Others I see are still adding the total cals burned for your workout.....how do you go about doing that? What if that is a different amount every other day??

Replies

• Gapwedge01
    Options
    Hi guys,

I see some people only add 1 calorie for their exercise because those cals are included. Others I see are still adding the total cals burned for your workout.....how do you go about doing that? What if that is a different amount every other day??

If you have a standard exercise routine each week then your TDEE activity level if selected properly INCLUDES your calories burned. That is why some show just 1 calorie and would not eat their calories back. however, they want to log their exercise, but don't want to change their macros.

Now, if you don't have a set routine then choose an Activity Level lower like Lightly Active for instance. Then if you exercise more that week then add those extra calories and eat them back.

Let me give you an example. I cycle and when I do I burn 1500-2000 per ride. Now I don't ride the same hours per week and I may miss a week so I chose Lightly Active and when I record a cycling burn I will eat a portion of those back. I say a portion because my TDEE already assumes for those 2 hours I was cycling I was going to burn some calories anyway just from walking around and breathing. My light walks and lifting I enter 1 calories because they are built into my TDEE.
    Make sense?
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I set my calorie goal to be what I plan on eating (it's TDEE for me). I enter my calories burned through exercise to make sure I don't net below BMR, otherwise I do it just to track my exercise improvements. I burn less calories now than I did when I started (according to my HRM) as a result of being in better shape. I use it as sort of a measure of success.