Starting today! Looking for other new paleo primal friends

Options
Hi everyone! I've been doing crossfit and dieting for a few months and just not seeing results. Going to start a strict 30 days today! Somewhere between open nutrition, marks daily apple and whole 30 programs, they are all really close. Comes down to the fruit and nuts, I think I can do without them.

I'm 35 and want to get in great shape before trying to conceive. My husband is doing medifast, so I'm going paleo alone. Would love your support! Thank you!

Replies

• UnrequitedLoveSong
    Options
    Welcome, and feel free to add me if you would like.
  • ronja2
    ronja2 Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Hopefully, you'll find Paleo/Primal a great lifestyle - I now I have. Feel free to ask questions on this thread or Support group in general, I find we're a friendly bunch. :P Feel free to add me as a friend, I would be delighted to trade recipes and ideas. :)
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Please feel free to add me.
  • evilmj31
    evilmj31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    Day 1 of the Whole 30 for me - feel free to add me.
  • bdin2012
    Options
    Awesome. feel free to add me.
  • jessirenee2
    jessirenee2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am in the same boat. Been doing Crossfit for a few months and hadn't seen the results I wanted. Im trying to lose weight before we have our next baby. My husband and I are starting week 3 of the 30 days and are loving it. Im down 6 lbs already! My husband has lost 13. Feel free to add me!
  • Squidgrok
    Squidgrok Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me too
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been doing crossfit and dieting for a few months and just not seeing results. Going to start a strict 30 days today! Somewhere between open nutrition, marks daily apple and whole 30 programs, they are all really close. Comes down to the fruit and nuts, I think I can do without them.

I'm 35 and want to get in great shape before trying to conceive. My husband is doing medifast, so I'm going paleo alone. Would love your support! Thank you!

Great idea! I am day 6 of my second whole 30! Add me if you would like, I share my diary. Honestly, I dont recommend cutting fruit (they r so healthy) but you should only eat it in moderation. I usually allow myself an apple and an avocado a day only...and I dont see any harm there. I am dieting for the same reasons as you (getting fit before TTC).
  • LaurieElla
    LaurieElla Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all .. I've been *sort of* doing Paleo for a few months, not strict by any means but trying to get there! My daughter was sick this whole week and I wasnt eating at all because I felt iffy, so today we went to subway because it smelled so good LOL horrible I know, but oh well.

On the topic of fruits/nuts ... I would suggest only have one or two pieces of fruit a day, early in the morning so your body has time to burn the sugar from them. Nuts, wow, those affect me! I can eat a whole bag of pistacios if my tongue would let me. They can be addicting and really add on the fat. If you find yourself eating too many I would just cut them out all together!

I'd love to be added if y'all want ... I need more support and friends :)
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this awesome group. Feel free to add me. My diary is always open.
  • lostredsock
    lostredsock Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me. Welcome!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I've been eating paleo since November. Feel free to add me!
  • euromegan
    Options
    Thanks guys! For those of you who friended me, your introduction email disappeared after I accepted so I lost what you said! Please email me again! :)

Seems like one doesn't really need to count calories on paleo, so I'm not logging right now. Do you guys log and eat paleo too? I think I'd flip if I saw the fat and calories, and get lots of flag warnings about my carb levels!

I posted a little of my first week summary here if you're interested. http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/7526-cave-girl-megan-whole-30-log-week-1-recap/
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am starting paleo tomorrow so i am also looking for friends..
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    awesome! welcome! I share my diary and do whole 30 frequently feel free to add me
  • Vmg773
    Vmg773 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some pals too, so I'm going to add a lot of you!
  • purebliss24
    Options
    I've just started Primal last week. Feel free to add me to. I've been getting great ideas from this forum. good luck on your journey1
  • stephilderton
    stephilderton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there! We have a ton in common! Just like you, I am just beginning Primal, going at it sans husband, prior to TTC. I'll be 33 in April and I have quite a bit of weight to lose on my journey. I've decided not to give up dairy, but otherwise, I'm completely on board. I plan to journal through as much as possible so as to better understand my n=1.

Glad to be starting with you!