Welcome to E2 Plant Strong

Options
Whether you are just using some of the principles in E2 and plant strong philosophy or whether you are doing Caldwell Esselstyn's "Plant Perfect" this is a nice place to gather around those principles. I attended Farms to Forks in 2012 in San Francisco, and have been participating on Engine2 Xtra. My journey is a slower, more gradual one of incorporating E2 principles without legalism, so I have lost 25 pounds before coming on myfitnesspal, and have been gradually taking off more weight with E2 principles since starting. What I like about E2, is my energy level is improved, and I am eating less processed and less hormone-filled or chemically moderated foods. This year I also read Wheat Belly and a book on glycemic load, and the result is that I am looking to not so heavily base my meat-substitutes on wheat and wheat gluten, since last year that and soy were the main subs. I'm a fan of the McDougall books and this year have begun incorporating exercise. Please share your journey here and be welcome!

Replies

• Jacsprat2014
    Jacsprat2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. Nice to see others following this.
  • lempeck214
    lempeck214 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi - I just started Forks over Knives Plan the beginning of January and have lost 14 lbs so far. I wish I had started this plan years ago.
    Back in 2013 I began my weight loss journey and lost a total of 125 lbs, but back in 2015 due to stress and health issues the weight started to creep back up on me. Finally after talking with someone about Forks over Knives and watching the documentary I decided I was ready to make a change. Very happy I did! Feel free to add me!