Healthy Shalach Manot

Options
babbs770
babbs770 Posts: 27 Member
Since I'm on this health kick, I decided that it makes no sense to send out garbage to other people that I would not allow myself to eat. I also want to keep cost down. So far I decided that I will pack granola bars and orange juice (so I have two brachot). Any other idea of small items that are healthy that I should include?

I'm also trying to figure out what to do if people send me candy again... We've not allowed candy in the house for a while, and I don't want my daughter to even see it... Any advice?

Chag sameach!

Replies

• nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Last year I did a pickled theme. I made beet-pickled eggs, pickles, pickled cabbage, etc and a mini alcohol bottle. It was pretty easy to do and inexpensive.

As far as the candy, you could just donate it to a shelter or soup kitchen.
  • FunnyGirl613
    FunnyGirl613 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    raisins
    salad
    whole fruit
    cruditee

are all healthy foods

One year I sent "lunch" - a piece of grilled salmon and a green salad with a whole wheat roll.
  • peanut321
    peanut321 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've received:
    hummus and carrots
    Salad with dressing and roll
    Various dips and bread or challah (pesto, tomato dip, etc.)
    Even fruits and veggies can get you two brachot

And sending lunch or breakfast or something that people can use for their seuda is nice and helpful. You can call you mm the detox mm. With all the junk going around I'm sure people will appreciate it. I know I did. And a salad is really amazing IMO.
  • shosh413
    shosh413 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    nuts!