Girl Scout Cookies

Options
Healthydiner65
Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
Oh, how I love Girl Scout Cookies. In the past 2 days I have consumed 1 1/2 boxes of the "Thanks Alot' cookies. I now have abdominal cramps and I am feeling miserable. I don't plan on beating myself up though! I have made the "selfish" decision to donate the remaining 3 boxes to my local librarians who have helped me so much in the past 4 years.Some days, before my diagnosis with blood clots, I could barely walk in the library and had to use the free walkers they have there for the disabled. When my back was out they carried my books to the car! I love these thoughtful, caring women librarians!

Replies

• lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I bet they sure tasted good while you were eating them.:devil:
  • maryhitt
    maryhitt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I was not aware of the unwritten rule that once you open a box of Girl Scout Cookies, you have to eat the entire sleeve, preferably at one sitting, until the cookies are gone. Now that I know that rule, I am giving away the rest of the cookies.:)
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I was not aware of the unwritten rule that once you open a box of Girl Scout Cookies, you have to eat the entire sleeve, preferably at one sitting, until the cookies are gone. Now that I know that rule, I am giving away the rest of the cookies.:)

:huh:

After seeing all the Girl Scout Cookie stories on MFP, I am so glad I have not access. :noway:
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I don't ever want to see another GS cookie again! They should not be sold to 60 year old women!
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options

:huh:

After seeing all the Girl Scout Cookie stories on MFP, I am so glad I have not access. :noway:

I'm thinking of wearing a Badge saying "I'm alergic" - how else can I turn down those sweet young things. I remember how much I hated selling those cookies.
  • PrairiePride49
    PrairiePride49 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Giving them away is a great idea. Then you don't have to say no to the Girl Scouts. I tell my husband he has to keep the cookies out in the shop. I won't go out there to get them. But now that I'm gluten sensitive I can easily say no.