For those just starting the program...

Options
CanGirl40
CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
...take photos! From all angles! You may feel silly doing it, but you'll appreciate it later!

I didn't, and I really wish I had some "before" shots of when I was squishier and had pretty much no muscle. Sometimes when I get discouraged over the "mummy tummy", I wish I had photos to remind myself how far I've come!

I'm currently starting stage 5.

Does anyone else have some good advice?:tongue:

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I'm halfway through stage 5 and really wish I had someone else take a good photo of my back before starting, while flexing. I look pretty good now from that angle but have nothing to really compare to :(
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great advice! I am just starting to lift weights (haven't started this program yet) but will take measurements and photo so I can look back at my squishy self!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Yes, take pictures at the beginning! Even if you don't/can't look at them, just take them.

Then, take pictures every month. Period.

Also, take your measurements....take them at the beginning. Again, if looking at those damn measurements is gonna make you cry - DON'T LOOK at 'em. But, take 'em. And then carry on taking those measurements every month. Period.

Drink your water - and lots of it, every day.

Get your rest - enough rest, every day.

Recognize that YOUR calories in v. calories out equation MIGHT be different than the book recommends. And, more importantly, it WILL be different than your mfp friends (or other friends). So, be willing to RE-CALCULATE your calories as you move through the program. "eat more to weigh less" does NOT work for ALL people! If you (like me) are someone who really has to keep TIGHT control on your calories, to see the fat loss you want, so be it. Don't cry about it, just reduce your calories and keep on keeping on.

(Yes, for the ladies who get to eat lots and still lose fat - GOOD FOR YOU! It's just not every single person is built that way.)
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting :) just took some back pictures!