Looking for encouragement for losing weight!

Options
I am tired of being told that "you don't need to loose weight!" I'm not that overweight, but have felt really unhealthy. This year I have been changing the way I eat and exercising. Part of the problem is when I'm around people I suck in my stomach. I don't mean to deceive people, but I feel that people would think that I'm three to four months pregnant.

My goal is to weigh 130 lbs. by the Summer! I started out Jan. 4, 2013 weighing 153.2 lbs and have lost six lbs! It has been nine years since I weighed 130 before my three pregnancies, where I gained 40 lbs. each time. I have 17.2 lbs. to go and ready to take back my body that God gave me!

After watching my husband go through cancer treatment last year, it has opened my eyes to being healthy! After not working out since I was pregnant working out at Curves almost 2 1/2 years ago, I'm ready for a change! I want to increase my quality of life! Ever since I've been exercising and watching what I eat, I feel alive and loving it!!

Replies

• ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Congrats on already having lost 6 lbs! You can totally do this. Think how awesome it will feel to have that much more energy for your family. Don't worry about the "you don't need to" crowd -- I think most of them are well intentioned and worried that if they don't say something like that then we'll think that they're judging us poorly (and the others worry that we're judging them poorly by rejecting our own weight gain). Add me if you're looking for more people to cheer you on in your friends list.
  • ixia82
    Options
    I know it sounds silly but i usually have a mental image when i don't have the motivation for exercising.
    Something like this:
    https://www.sluagency.com/Catalog/24123_18262.jpg
    or
    http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Amanda+Bisk+19th+Commonwealth+Games+Previews+Pw0YurChpVVl.jpg

anyhow... keeps me motivated :)
  • grace4u2receive
    grace4u2receive Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragement! Let's encourage each other!
  • Beata375
    Beata375 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I also am tired of hearing I look fine, and I also suck in my tummy. I'm trying to get below 130. My goal used to be 123... now I'll be happy with 129 :) I've been losing and gaining the same pound for months, and am quite frustrated.

Good luck! (and I hope your husband is doing great :)
  • xSilke
    xSilke Posts: 31
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! Everybody could use some encouragement, right? :)
  • the1realninja
    Options
    I'm there too!! My goal is also 130 by the summer. I'm just starting all of this, but I could really use some encouragement/friends on here to keep me motivated
  • grace4u2receive
    grace4u2receive Posts: 333 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend! I look forward to encourage and be encouraged!

I have come a long way on my journey. Reached my goal longer than I thought it would take and bounced back a little.

35813963.png

Weight was changed on my ticker to reflect my weight loss journey prior to and including my weight loss while being here on MFP.
  • Surfingbodi
    Surfingbodi Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ixia82 wrote: »
    I know it sounds silly but i usually have a mental image when i don't have the motivation for exercising.
    Something like this:
    https://www.sluagency.com/Catalog/24123_18262.jpg
    or
    http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Amanda+Bisk+19th+Commonwealth+Games+Previews+Pw0YurChpVVl.jpg

anyhow... keeps me motivated :)

Wow! Those are awesome!! thx for sharing these!

• edyn_Blair
    edyn_Blair Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a whole folder of my favorite bodies in my computer I put them as a rotating desktop background. intermingled with fitness quote images that inspire me. Keep going! and post a update photo will ya!
    s01a478rtap0.jpg
  • katies97
    Options
    I have been using FP for a while and only want to lose 7lb but motivation difficult and always get those pathetic 'hard done by' feelings when saying no, when it's my choice. I have never used the community before so hoping to find some friends and inspiration! Really want to lose a bit for Christmas!!
  • NyxButterfly
    NyxButterfly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. All my friends say I don't need to lose weight while both my parents tell me I'm fat!! I'm not slim, no, but I'm not FAT. =.=
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sister
  • ayanafuentes9
    ayanafuentes9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say this. You have to be comfortable in your own skin. :)