Introductions...Why are you on this journey?

Options
Tunia85
Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
Hello everyone, I wanted to start a group for 30DS because that's what helped me stick with it the first time. I wanted us to be able to check in effectively and keep each other in check. Why I'm doing it? Because my BMI is in range, but I have a high fat percentage. So I need this! I could definetely loose some pounds, but loosing the fat is my priority.

Replies

• sandeedoughton
    Options
    Hey, thanks for creating this group! I bought the 30DS dvd 2 yrs ago and have done it twice! I would love some accountability in my exercise and I have heard that this program is amazing! I desperately want to see results, so, Im in! :)
  • karinwillrock40
    karinwillrock40 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Thanks for creating this group. I just finished Day 1 about 30 minutes ago. It was good. Next time I will make sure to do it when my 3 year old is napping (we had to take a potty break during circuit 2).
  • ItsNotAnOption
    Options
    Hi! Saw the group and had to join! I bought the 30DS video and I'm going to start it tonight. We'll see how that goes, and if I can walk tomorrow. From what I've read here on MFP it gives awesome results if you do it. Here goes nothing!
    I'm on this journey to get healthy and happy. None of my clothes in my closet fit anymore and I'm at the highest weight I've ever been in my life (not including when I was pregnant). I have no confidence in myself or my appearance and I think it is starting to affect everything in my life. I have a husband and 2 beautiful little boys that I want to make proud, and be the best wife/mama I can. Current weight is 210lbs, want to get down to 154lbs. I'm 5'6 and according to the BMI chart I'm considered obese. 154lbs is the top of the "healthy weight range" according to BMI, so I'm shooting for that, 56lbs to go. We can do this!!! :smile:
  • teambaker
    teambaker Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting this up so fast! I have had the dvd for over a year (along with Insanity) and have not done either one. Maybe I thought I would lose weight by looking at it? :)
  • Knae22
    Knae22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for putting this group together! I have this goal because I lost my son a little over a year ago....Since that time I have gained over 20lbs. I'm dedicating this to him, my angel in Heaven. Some days are really challenging but I need this. Thanks in advance for the support. Please feel free to add me :)
  • Tunia85
    Options
    Welcome all! I'm glad we've have 30DS in common, and many of the same goals. I created this group for accountability too! Remember, you can always edit the google doc, if it does not contain something that you would want to track.. it's as much your document as it is mine. The link again is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArP5P8Tq-VWRdFBnLVhRWjZsYWpETlFDQ3ZXcTlhVkE&usp=sharing

Happy Shredding!
  • theskinnybecky
    theskinnybecky Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This group has been created with perfect timing.. I am beginning my 1st attempt at the 30DS tomorrow morning, despite having the DVD for over a year. Thanks!!
  • lminglet
    Options
    I also purchased the DVD 2 years ago. I am looking forward to getting in shape and looking good for my wedding day. My wedding date is July 20th, 2013 so every day counts! Thanks
  • cwilliams1543
    cwilliams1543 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ha! I started this video this morning! Thankful to see a group. I'm new to discussions. Please tell me how to record my info.
  • Tunia85
    Options
    Ha! I started this video this morning! Thankful to see a group. I'm new to discussions. Please tell me how to record my info.

Your info should be recorded by going to this link because its easier to keep track of it this way instead of the message board:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArP5P8Tq-VWRdFBnLVhRWjZsYWpETlFDQ3ZXcTlhVkE&usp=sharing

and we can collaborate, whine, and support each other on the message board, by adding to the topics or creating new ones.
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started this journey to a healthier lifestyle. I found the 30 day shred today and am going to start it tomorrow. I was happy to see this group! I am counting calories and recording eveyrthing I put into my mouth here on MFP and it has worked amazingly. I have lost 18lbs since January 26 and am hoping the shred will help tone me and help me lose inches. I will do all 30 days and hope with some motivation and inpsiration I will complete my goal.

If anyone is interested I have a weight loss group on facebook and anyone is welcome to join. It is called Our Weight is Over.

Looking forward to talking with you all throughout our journey!
  • sacolema
    sacolema Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Became a member with MFP in 2011,.... and this is my first time logging in since. Today is my 5th day doing the 30DS. (For some reason today has been the hardest?) I literally switched my eating habits cold turkey. I was eating a very high fat, high sugar diet with a lot of processed foods. Started the "shred" because I am desperate to become healthy! What motivated me was realizing that I've gained 10 lbs in about 2 months!!! (I cried). Even if I don't lost any weight from the shred, I'm hoping to see some differences in my body!!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll. I'm starting tomorrow! I have been starting 30ds ohh... this will be my 3rd time... This YEAR! I had a wake up call today, and didn't like it... So. Shred and strict diet... here I come! Thank you for the accountability!
  • bjorda4
    Options
    Hey, this is my first group to join so not sure if I'm doing all of this right. I started the 30day shred a few weeks ago. Got through a week. I gained around 4 pounds my first week on the 30day shred. Although, I could tell my clothes fit better and my stomach pooch went down. It is very hard to stay motivated when the scale is moving in the wrong direction. This time I decide to stay away from the scale for 30days and just track my inches.
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm hoping to join in and shred with you all! I really want to be shredded so I want to team up with Julian and you guys to get there!
  • justineeb94
    Options
    im on this journey because i am a stay at home 18 year old mom who is too young to let herself go. i been on day 5 of the 30 day shred for about a week now and i just need motivation! seeing all these other girls my age with nice bodies makes me feel horrible about myself and i want to look better for me and my health!!
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I have made several attempts to lose weight and I usually give up after 10 lbs or so. This year i decided to make a change. I started in Jan and i'm almost 15 lbs off. I have still eat everything, but i really focus on portion control and eat things that aren't good for me at most once a week. I used to be stress eater, so I would eat bad things daily (milshakes, cookies, chips, etc).
    I've been going to the gym, but I always look at the before and afters for the 30DS and I decided to take the challenge. The first 2 days I could not even finish it. but at least I'm am doing a full work out now. I have 30 lbs to lose.
    Good luck everyone.
  • springr
    Options
    I joined a weight loss challenge group in my home town at the beginning of February and started 30DS then. I stuck to it for the first 10 days but have added her other workouts in when I have days with more time. Now onto Level 2, I am heading out on vacay but will return to Level 2 upon my return. I find it has been a great way to get back in shape and gives me some flexibility time wise. If I want I can do 2 or just stick to the one.
  • GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I hope it's not too late to join! I did the first level of the 30ds in 10 days. I have to admit it was very difficult for me as I was quite out of shape. I took 3 days and did other cardio and strength training and am trying to gear myself up to attempting the second level today!

I am doing the 30ds because I don't recognize myself in the mirror any more. I realize that I can't get rid of all of this 20 lbs at once. I am hopeful that this program will get me well on my way to feeling like me again by summer
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I started the shred (again) because I had a baby. She was born January 14th this year. I finished the shred on Tuesday of this week. I lost 5 or 7lbs but my body changed dramatically. I posted my results in success stories. This picture is of me 7 weeks after baby and after 30 day shred. I also have pics in my profile in a bikini of what I was on day 4. I try to eat healthy and eat 1400 to 1900 cals a day. I am continuing to work out doing 40 mins of cardio six days a week.