40% carb marcos

Options
DianaV86
DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
I am having a hard time meeting this macro...I ended up going over everyday. Usually I'm between 47%-55% carbs. My diary is open if you would like to look. I really don't eat much of bread, pasta, potatoes...I do eat granola everyday. I'm thinking the other carbs come from my fruit intake? Any suggests how to get closer to 40%? Tummy bloat is an issue for me and I think if I could my meet my 40% it would help with that a little bit.

My other question is if I should even worry about my carbs being 47%-55% since I'm a runner? Maybe the extra carbs aren't that bad??

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• Gapwedge01
    Options
    My guess is you are fine with the carb level being a runner. During my cycling season I eat tons of carbs. Work in some good fat which could help you decrease your carbs some. And to help maintain your LBM keep your protein up as well. Maybe decrease your carbs back in line with the 40% on your non run days with more protein.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Without looking at your diary, the usual advice would be to concentrate on hitting your protein macro and the rest usually falls into place. However your protein intake is good so it must be that your fats are a bit low when you are over on carbs.

Perhaps try reducing your carb portions slightly and add in more healthy fats such as nuts, avocados, oily fish, olive oil, coconut oil, etc.

However as the PP said, as a runner carbs the extra carbs may be good for you anyway.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Just from looking I would sub your morning breakfast of english muffin or cereal with eggs or some protein item (bacon, turkey, ham) and looking at your lunch you can sub the bread for a wrap with higher protein in it and add an extra serving of your lunch meat or chicken breast or whatever you have since the wrap will be bigger than 1 slice of bread. I wouldn't eliminate veggies or fruit due to carbs.