Work Dinner tomorrow - help!

Options
rosabella
rosabella Posts: 194 Member
Alright friends, here's the scoop. Tomorrow night I have a project dinner, at a fancy, calorific Italian restaurant. I can trust myself to order something sensible and box up half, and I will do a very small breakfast/lunch to help compensate, but EVERYONE orders dessert. I'm only about a week into this healthy eating thing and I'd really like to not go back on my progress. Advice?

And on top of the temptation, I also feel awful for complaining about a free meal. :(

Replies

• kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Order a coffee or tea for dessert.

Don't go to dinner too hungry. It is tempting to save calories for later in the day but it could mean you are less able to control your impulses later on.

Go over one day and exercise the calories off the next day.

Don't forget that you can be 500 calories over and still be under maintenance.
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i would go with a fruity tea!
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If it were me I would pick something like a fish dish - not as high in calories as the meat pasta dishes but tasty enough you won't be envious of everyone else's. And a lovely espresso for afters x
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Y'all are wonderful! The coffee for dessert was a great tip, saves me lots of calories but lets me feel like I'm still participating. :)