lets do something here...weigh-ins

Options

Replies

• arvichan
    arvichan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    3/23: 83.4 kgs (Now left with last 5Kgs and that is gonna be tough)

3/30: 82.6 kgs

4/6: 82.2 kgs

4/13:

4/20:

4/27:

4/30:
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options

4/13:

4/20:

4/27:

4/30:

Good work!
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks Chet!

You doing good too! Nice. :)

Cheers
    AI
  • arvichan
    Options
    Thanks Chet !
  • trinics_416
    trinics_416 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: trinics_416 / Rajiv

Goal weight on April 30: 273 lbs

3/23: 297 lbs

3/30: 293.9 lbs

4/6: 290.2 lbs

4/13:

4/20:

4/27:

4/30
  • AdviDaddy
    Options
    That's nice, Rajiv. Good work! :)

Cheers
    AI
  • ChetThaker
    Options
    Folks - I'm adjusting my numbers because I'm using a different method to track my weight (trendweight.com) which tracks the overall trend rather than what the scale says on a particular day. I like this because of the natural fluctuations we all have each day and so the trend weight is a more accurate picture of what's going on over the longer term

The figures below are therefore what my Trendweight weight has been and from when we started upto today and I have kept the same original weight goal.

Name/ real name: chetthaker / Chet

Goal weight on April 30: 164.7 llbs

3/23: 173.8 llbs

3/30: 172.9 llbs

4/6: 171.1 llbs

4/13: 169.9 llbs

4/20:

4/27:

4/30:
  • AdviDaddy
    Options
    That's a good idea, Chet. I should try it too.

I checked my weight yesterday and it should that I've gained 100 g since last week. I came back home and took a stock of my eating habits and exercise pattern. Everything seemed fine.

My only guess is that I am building some muscles. (I am not sure if I am fooling myself!)

I will post my weight again next Saturday.

For the record:

4/7 - 80.3 KG
    4/13 -80.4 KG

-AI
  • greeshu_89
    greeshu_89 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone..
    I too have a change in my weight stats. Im using a different weighing scale now n it shows me a diff weight.

Goal on 4/30 - 87.5 kg

On 4/13 - 90.5

Im not posting my last week weight because Im not sure it accurate.. I'll start the challenge from today!
  • ChetThaker
    Options
    No problem Greeshmaa.

Advi - if your scales measure body fat% you can enter the data into trendweight.com and it will work out your lean mass, fat mass etc so it might help.
  • AdviDaddy
    Options
    Gareeshma - That's nice. Follow your plan. Good luck.

Chet - that's very silly of me! I don't have the gadget to measure them all! I realized after I logged in there. Never mind. I will try old-school formula.

Cheers
    AI
  • arvichan
    Options

4/13: 81.9 kgs (focusing more on weight training and protein rich food)

4/20:

4/27:

4/30:
  • AdviDaddy
    Options
    Congrats! That's nice, Arvi :)
  • arvichan
    Options
    Thanks AdviDaddy !!!

4/06: 82.2 kgs
    4/13: 81.9 kgs (focusing more on weight training and protein rich food)
    4/20: 81.3 kgs (but body fat % reduction is not :( encouraging)
    4/27:
    4/30
  • ChetThaker
    Options
    Name/ real name: chetthaker / Chet

Goal weight on April 30: 164.7 llbs

3/23: 173.8 llbs

3/30: 172.9 llbs

4/6: 171.1 llbs

4/13: 169.9 llbs

4/20: 169.0 llbs

4/27:

4/30:
  • greeshu_89
    greeshu_89 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone..
    I too have a change in my weight stats. Im using a different weighing scale now n it shows me a diff weight.

Goal on 4/30 - 87.5 kg

On 4/13 - 90.5

Im not posting my last week weight because Im not sure it accurate.. I'll start the challenge from today!

Congrats Chettaker on your weight loss.

Goal on 4/30 - 87.5 kg

On 4/13 - 90.5
    On 4/20 - 90.3 :(

Going to rock d next week :)
  • AdviDaddy
    Options
    Congrats everybody! You are losing wt.

Well, Houston.... I've a problem!! ;)

My scale says that I've gained 1 KG since last week!! From 80.4 it now stands at 81.3 KG. I do 3X HIIT per week (approx 40 mins each), log what I eat, maintain a healthy diet. I drink approx 4L of water per day.

Possible Explanations:
    Water retention - I doubt that theory
    Muscle building - 1 KG in one week? I doubt that theory too.
    Keeping the same routine - No, I frequently change my workout style and exercise patterns.

Where am I going wrong? or am I missing something here?
  • ChetThaker
    Options

My scale says that I've gained 1 KG since last week!! From 80.4 it now stands at 81.3 KG. I do 3X HIIT per week (approx 40 mins each), log what I eat, maintain a healthy diet. I drink approx 4L of water per day.

Possible Explanations:
    Keeping the same routine - No, I frequently change my workout style and exercise patterns.

Firstly thanks Greeshu - it's slow but the weight is coming off.

Advi - without being able to see your diary it's difficult to say. Here are some possible explanations in addition to yours:

1. The deficit between calorie burn and calorie intake is too much and your body is holding on to the fat.
    2. Your body weight fluctuates daily and therefore on your official weigh day it happened to be up
    3. Your carb intake may be higher than your body needs - are you using any Macronutrient ratio. I use 40%/30%/30% for carbs/protein/fat.
    4. Your Sodium intake is higher than it needs to be and your body is retaining water to flush this out. But since you're drinking 4L per day I doubt it's this.

For #2 above this is why I switched to using my Trendweight rather than my Scale weight since it was always luck what my weight was on my official weigh day so the trendweight allows me to see how I am doing in general.
  • AdviDaddy
    Options

Possible Explanations:

Firstly thanks Greeshu - it's slow but the weight is coming off.

Advi - without being able to see your diary it's difficult to say. Here are some possible explanations in addition to yours:

1. The deficit between calorie burn and calorie intake is too much and your body is holding on to the fat.
    2. Your body weight fluctuates daily and therefore on your official weigh day it happened to be up
    3. Your carb intake may be higher than your body needs - are you using any Macronutrient ratio. I use 40%/30%/30% for carbs/protein/fat.
    4. Your Sodium intake is higher than it needs to be and your body is retaining water to flush this out. But since you're drinking 4L per day I doubt it's this.

For #2 above this is why I switched to using my Trendweight rather than my Scale weight since it was always luck what my weight was on my official weigh day so the trendweight allows me to see how I am doing in general.

Yes, Chet.

May be I am having more carbs that what I need. I havent checked that part yet. Also, I havent set macronutriet ratio either. I may have to recalculate.

I discussed this with other MFP pals. From that I understood that my deficit was more than 500 per day. (So, my body may think that its in starvation mode.) Next step would be to increase my cal intake, reduce sodium intake, reduce carb portion - and see how that combo works.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I discussed this with other MFP pals. From that I understood that my deficit was more than 500 per day. (So, my body may think that its in starvation mode.) Next step would be to increase my cal intake, reduce sodium intake, reduce carb portion - and see how that combo works.
    Try not to make too many changes in one go, else you'll confuse yourself!