Calories Burned

Options
bottom
bottom Posts: 52 Member
I started the Shred yesterday (a little sore in my arms today), and I also took my heart rate monitor out of its packaging (where it has been for over a year).
I was surprised to see that I only logged 163 calories burned during the workout. I suppose it is a lot of strength work, but I kinda expected more.

Your experiences?

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Not having your info like weight, age, gender.. I would assume that is correct.

I am 170, 22 and F and I burn 151. My recommendation to anyone here that is looking to use MFP to log their workout, use Curves Circuit Training, not circuit training general cause the burn will be very far off and incorrect (over 100+ cal difference). If you have a HRM, you can create a custom exercise
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks - re: Circuit training = off. It always seemed a little high, but I typically do it w/out HRM...
  • dmbfan22
    dmbfan22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I burned 160 calories for 25 min of the shred level 1 today. I wear a HRM.
  • happyjerseygirl123
    Options
    I wore my Body fit media and I only showed 128 calories for level 1 today but really I didn't expect huge numbers because it seems to work best for all cardio.
  • 2bjemm
    2bjemm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    seems correct. my wristband doesnt log that many calories either, i believe its more on strength. but it accelerates my metabolism, in my opinion!
  • ericafolks5
    Options
    what are the exercises ??
  • sheliabenedict
    Options
    I logged 521 calories on my heart rate monitor....did everyone do level 1 and the full video? My heart rate monitor has been very accurate for all my exercises, which I love. Seems like your calorie counts are low, are you doing to beginner version or the more advanced, I was breathing very hard the entire time and did not stop.
  • happyjerseygirl123
    Options
    I did the whole workout with no breaks and with my HRM (which does HR / not calories) and my Body Fit media, I did not get huge numbers on either. But I also workout often and have a normal BMI so I don't know if that is the reason. I am a little sore today from the squats but I added heavier weight because I was not sore anywhere else which I was bummed about. But will do the whole 30 days because I have seen some excellent after pictures and I really need to stop the jiggle!:laugh: