What do you do about vacations?

Options
I am just starting stage one. I have a vacation planned for mid April. What do you recommend for work outs during vacations? Do I start stage 2 and just take a break for those ten days or hold up all together on starting Stage 2 until I get back in April?

Replies

• Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing stage 1 this week and then heading for a weeks holiday. The timing has worked out well! Planning on starting Stage 2 when I get back but will probably do a stage 1 type session first to get back into it. Interested to see what others have done.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I take a rest week.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I generally take a break from lifting when on vacation. I would start stage 2 if you get there before your vacation, then pick up where you left off. the authors recommend taking 1 week breaks occassionally...and not necessarily between the stages.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,008 Member
    Options
    I believe it's very beneficial to take a de-load week every 6- to 8- weeks of weight-training. If I were you, I'd enjoy my vacation, plan on NOT doing weight-training while away, and then hit the weights when I got back!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!i think what I will do is extend Stage 1 for an extra two weeks as I am pretty out of shape right now. Doing that will give me a break between the stages and I will come back ready to hit it again!