Introduce yourself!

Options
2»

Replies

• momof_2boys
    momof_2boys Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi.

This is my very first post. I am a stalker :/ lol.
    I am on WW right now and it really has worked for me, but I have slacked for the past week celebrating my birthday and valentine's day...for.the.entire.week :P
    I am 26 years old - full time working, mother of two. My husband has been working out of state since October and hopefully this will be ending shortly. I have very little time for myself, but I really need to get active.

I do a weekly weigh-in on Friday's in my mom group (also for WW)...
    *sigh*....I just need motivation.

I too am on WW and have been slacking and motivation has decreased so I am hoping to get motivation from here and seeing what others are doing. I weigh in Fridays as well. Hopefully we can help encourage each other :)
  • 2bjemm
    2bjemm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Janet,

i am actually on day 3 but am really looking for motivation, so im hoping to give and take in this group. i decided to the 30 day shred because i lost 30lbs and did not see a difference in my clothes. so now, im doing the gym and cardio to burn calories and 30 day shred to lose inches. i measured myself, and in 3 days already have a difference. so for those of you that are still dubious of the success in this video, i strongly encourage it :)

my goal is to lose 130 lbs overall but the healthy way. im truly seeking for motivation because this transformation is so hard for me! i hope i can be of help to yall as well :)

good luck to everyone :)
  • Dalucy495
    Dalucy495 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HI! Thank you so much for starting this challenge! I've been saying I'm starting the 30DS for oh... about 3 weeks! When I saw
    this I decided to just do it! And I did! LOL :)

A bit about me. In 2011, I started eating less and lost 50 pounds. I maintained during most of 2012, but started to gain at the end
    of the year. I'm up about 10 pounds. I didn't make it to my goal weigh when I was losing, so I still have another 30 or so to go.
    I was very happy losing, but didn't tone at all and have found that I'm much more flabby. :( Hoping this, as well as strength training and pilates will help.

Thanks again! This was just the push I needed!! :)
  • marisam794
    marisam794 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Marisa. I am a mother of two small boys and housewife.
    I started using this app Jan. 1st, 2013 and have lost 8 pounds so far by just counting calories and walking during the weekday. I would love to run a 5k or any "k" :):tongue: . I hope I'm not too late to start this "30 Day" goal?
    I wish everyone success in their day by day, baby steps or leaps towards a healthy lifestyle! ;):wink:
  • Valiere
    Options
    Hi I am new to the group. I have had the 30DS since last year and have NEVER done it. This group will prayerfully help keep me motivated to start and finish it. I am also on WW. I am thinking that the two together along with this group will help me be successful. I am 48 yrs old and weigh 198. My short term goal is to be 183 in 16 weeks.
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    hey guys :)

am Beckie started 30ds Monday, i feel so much healthier after doing video xD i've heard people do each level for 30 days then i have heard people who does level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 day then level 3 for 10 days.....So which way are you guys doing it? :)
  • mylilyflower
    Options
    Hello!

Im Stacey, Im 28...29 in April. I am married and have one daughter (5 y/o). Im a SAHM. I currently weigh 265lbs. Ugh. My goal is to lose 90lbs. Eeeek. I hope to lose it by fall because I really want to have another child! I feel my clock ticking...lol. Ive started the shred and got 4 days in and stopped. I could give you a million reasons/excuses...lol. I actually really enjoyed it and felt a difference already in those few days. I wish everyone the best of luck!! Feel free to add me, I need all the support/ motivation I can get and Ill do the same! :)
  • sheliabenedict
    Options
    Who all did their workouts?? My legs are sore and I used my heart rate monitor and it said I burned 521 calories. Not everyone will do this same calories burn as mine goes off my weight, height and heart rate but there are some great calorie burn counters out there that will help you calculate it by your own weight, height and time frame where you can guestimate. I weight 198 and Im 5'3 and my effort was pretty non stop...I was breathing hard.

I have spin along with my 30 day shred video so Im wondering how I will feel tonight after already being tired from my workout. I might try and do my Jillian workout in the am then my gym workout at night. Anyone else do this?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Who all did their workouts?? My legs are sore and I used my heart rate monitor and it said I burned 521 calories. Not everyone will do this same calories burn as mine goes off my weight, height and heart rate but there are some great calorie burn counters out there that will help you calculate it by your own weight, height and time frame where you can guestimate. I weight 198 and Im 5'3 and my effort was pretty non stop...I was breathing hard.

I have spin along with my 30 day shred video so Im wondering how I will feel tonight after already being tired from my workout. I might try and do my Jillian workout in the am then my gym workout at night. Anyone else do this?

Last two days I did 30DS then went to the gym to do some HIIT cardio on the treadmill. You will likely sleep well this evening, I think doing 30DS in the AM and your spin class/gym workout in the PM is a great idea. When I go to a gym with a bigger facility, I use my phone to do the 30DS then I hop on the treadmill afterwards. I'm usually pooped after that :laugh:
  • julierenee69
    Options
    Hey. Im Julie. I want to lose about 12-15 pounds and I am struggling. I got my Dvd, and I did it the day before yesterday and it killed me. Yesterday I was so sore. So I took the day off. Today Im sore again and trying to decide to take another day or just do it again. I didnt even finish it. I started at level 1, and did about 5 minutes of it. lol.
  • ericafolks5
    Options
    Hi My name is Erica today is my first day starting goal i weight 262 lbs i would like to lose 100 lbs
  • sheliabenedict
    Options
    Just a tip, when you are really sore it actually helps to stick with your workout. It makes you recover quicker...even though it might hurt :)
  • sheliabenedict
    Options

Last two days I did 30DS then went to the gym to do some HIIT cardio on the treadmill. You will likely sleep well this evening, I think doing 30DS in the AM and your spin class/gym workout in the PM is a great idea. When I go to a gym with a bigger facility, I use my phone to do the 30DS then I hop on the treadmill afterwards. I'm usually pooped after that :laugh:

Im going to see how it goes tonight but I think spliting them up might help me stick with it too...I tend to over do and then have to recover to long so I dont want to do that. Thanks for letting me know :)
  • Energiegal
    Energiegal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! First day.... logging in the food seems to keep me motivated and focused... must keep encouraged to work out as well... and keep it fun! Excited about this 30-day challenge. Looking forward to better weather and want to be prepared for shorts and t's. :-) Hang in there, guys and gals - it's worth it!
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yikes, I signed up but I'm not sure how this is going to work for me... My work schedule just got kinda hectic, so I'll be at least a week behind. I think I'm going to 'excuse ' myself from this group, but I wish you the best of luck!
  • momof_2boys
    momof_2boys Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    So I am on day 8, yeah!! I have missed 2 days since starting but am sticking with it. Looking forward to moving on to Level 2....I think...I have never done it so I have no idea what I might be in for.
    how is everyone else doing???