allison0820
allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
Any one out there on Week 3????

How's it going???

Running inside or outside???

Replies

• teschy123
    Options
    I am past week 3 but decided to restart again on week 5 so I can build my stamina back up to complete the whole 3.1 miles!! Right now I am running inside just because its freezing cold in MI!! But hopefully starting in the middle of March I can go back to running outside!!!
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I did week 3, day 1 today. I use the app, but I also have it printed out. When I scanned over this week, somehow I missed the run for 3 minutes part! But, I made it through. I run on my treadmill for now.
  • sammiz1
    sammiz1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 3, Day 3 earlier today. I got side lined a bit the other day with some lower leg pain after using the elliptical trainer. I was back at it today and felt much better after a couple days off. I even added about 45 seconds to the last run...to make it 3 minutes and 45 seconds...because I felt good. I felt as though I could have gone further, but I know next week will be more challenging so kept myself back.

I am running inside on the treadmill, it's been too cold and snowy here. But definitely looking forward to getting back outside!
  • nickims4
    nickims4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm doing week 3 day 2 tonight. I'm running outside despite the freezing cold. I found the second three minute run on day 1 a bit hard going especially as it coincided with an uphill bit on my route. Still I made it through. May change route tonight ;)
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    hi y'all
    i'm starting Week 3 this coming Sunday.
    Tomorrow it's my "rest" day but i actually plan to play tennis...week 2 day 3 was a lil hard in the 1st run...but as i kept going and was done with the hills it got easier..
    and i'm an outdoor runner...love the fresh air!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Did W2D1 yesterday. I am runnning every other day so I will start week 3 next Wednesday.
    I am only running outdoors, no matter how cold it is. I live in the far North, so if I wait for warm and dry weather I would run inside 9 months a year.
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 3 and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I notice I am not as out of breath as I was week 1. I just got fitted today for a new pair of running shoes and am excited about starting week 4 with them. I live in Central VA so I've been running outside.
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was a killer today....i did more stops than i care to count...i did carry on and even repeated 1 jog cycle of 3mins..
    onwards and upwars
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I just completed W3D2 this morning. I am still getting really winded when I run for the 3 mins. I can normally get through the first 3 mins okay, but the second 3 minds almost kills me. I find myself looking to slow down before the time is up. I think I will be doing this week over next week.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    TdaniT - It sounds like you need to slow down for the entire run sequence. Try running as slowly as you walk.
  • TdaniT
    Options
    TdaniT - It sounds like you need to slow down for the entire run sequence. Try running as slowly as you walk.

That is kind of hard to do. I walk about 2.7-3.0 and I jog usually at 3.5.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    That's about where I was when I started - and it sounds like you are going pretty slow. Do you have asthma?

The good news is that you'll be faster in no time.
  • TdaniT
    Options
    No I don't have asthma or anything. I think maybe I just don't breath "right".

Well I just finished Week 3 this morning. I couldn't get all the way through the jogging without fast walking some. I guess I will be doing Week 3 over again next week.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Maybe repeating one day of week 3 will help find the right breathing or pace. I slow down quite a lot and rather sprint the last 20 seconds.

I will do W3D2 later today, I am really excited about it.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    TdaniT - I found that I'd hold my breath on the hills and that wore me out. Since I stopped doing that I haven't had a truly bad run. Well, you know what you need to focus on :)
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 3 as well.. 2 Days outside and 1 day on the treadmill ..
  • Tina0488
    Tina0488 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I restarted a couple weeks ago and did W3D1 today. Kinda of hard!
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I just finished Week 3 (treadmill) and I can't even believe it got so much easier by d3! I didn't think I was going to make it through the first 3 min run on day 1. I am admittedly running pretty slow but they say to worry about speed later. I had to google how to breathe. They say in through both nose and mouth and exhale completely. I try to focus on my breath while doing the running portion instead of the clock! I'm pretty proud of myself since I never ran ever before. It feels a lot more natural than it did W1D1!

I just keep doing what the phone app tells me to and even when I doubt if I'm ready for the next week I've been doing it anyway and suprising myself. I hope to surprise myself some more for week 4. It always feels like victory when I finish.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I completed week 3, day 1 today. I was definitely nervous about it, since it took me three weeks to get to the point where I could even complete week 1. I surprised myself during the first three minute run. I didn't think I was going to finish it and looked at my app to see how much longer I had to go, and I was already 2.5 minutes in! It was one of the hardest days I've had so far, but I am so proud that I managed to finish.
  • angels_09
    Options
    I completed week 3 day one today. The first 3 minute run was tough especially since I was going uphill. The second one was easier. I hope I can hold out without repeating it but I am determined not to give up!