Starting over AGAIN

Options
I am trying really hard to make 2013 a good year for me mentally and physically. I was able to go 8 days without a binge and that is a huge thing for me. The problem is I had to work 3 overnights that week which I usually do not do and that totally throws me off as well as a trip to see some friends for the weekend and after my 8 day streak ended I overate/binged for 4-5 days. I haven't had a binge streak that bad in a long time :( So I did really well and then I paid for it. I can only assume that I have gained weight after overeating constantly for 4+ days. Once I finally stopped binging and started to get back on track there was the one or two days of complete dissapointment and self hate.

I have now had one good day and that is great but in the back of my mind I just wait for the next binge. I eat too little I might trigger a binge, I let go of my routine and I risk binging. I know I just have to do one day at a time but as we all know this is hard. I am trying to figure out what works for my body, what I can and can't have at least for now and trying to work on moderation when there is food readily available to me at work and pot lucks and family get togethers etc.

I am scared of weight gain, I am scared of another failure and I am just completely tired of the whole process. Who would think it would be so hard just to not put something in your mouth right?

Time to try again.

Replies

• rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options

I am scared of weight gain, I am scared of another failure and I am just completely tired of the whole process.

Time to try again.

FWIW, I can completely relate to these feelings. All we can really do, though, is take it a day at a time, sometimes an hour at a time, sometimes a minute at a time. And, yes, the whole process can be so tiresome. It does get (somewhat) easier over time, but it's never easy.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! HUGS~