Anyone Starting today?

Options
rchupka87
rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
Last year, I made it all the way to Week 5, Day 3. I tried it over, and over, and over again for weeks, and I never got past it. I want to give it another shot, and I was hoping to find a buddy to work through it with. Is anyone just starting today, or maybe yesterday?

Replies

• JHPlunkett
    JHPlunkett Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both started yesterday. I successfully completed it last year, but sadly (and I won't make excuses) ended up back on the couch instead of continuing my training. You can do it! If this fat boy can, anyone can!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed that you are starting again! Slow down, don't push yourself - let the program guide you - and GOOD LUCK!
  • amberntay20
    amberntay20 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started W1D1 today and I love it. :) Next step is to sign up for a 5k in my area for May or June!
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow morning! I got to the end of week 5 in December then fell off after the holidays. I'll be your buddy. :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Ok. Nobody else has said it yet, so I will: the whole secret of the program is slowing down and letting the program guide you. Try to run as slowly as you walk at first. Your speed will increase naturally through the program. It's afterward that you have the strength and stamina to start working a lot harder and a lot more quickly - like immediately after - the 9 weeks is designed precisely to get you to that place.
  • coldenkamp1022
    coldenkamp1022 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I began the challenge this morning and would like to buddy up with you. I've been doing cardio on the Elliptical and wanted to mix things up on the treadmill. After looking over some running programs I came across the C25K . I've always wanted to do a 5k but didn't know how to train so this program is perfect! We can do this!