Fiber

Options
Hi everyone! I just started Atkins on Sunday and today I looked at my past two days and noticed that I'm really low on fiber intake. For veggies I've been eating mostly spinach and broccoli, but I guess not enough. I did some looking today and found a nice list of higher fiber foods with low carbs: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/nutrition/a/fibercounts.htm
I also went to the store and purchased a fiber supplement to help and some of the Atkins bars.

I was just curious if anyone else had any other suggestions? I know avocados are pretty high in fiber, but from what I've read we're supposed to limit those to half an avocado a day.

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I eat a salad with lots of lettuce, romaine and spinach almost everyday. I also bake with flaxseed. I found a high fibre bread that only has 5 net carbs a slice but if you are in induction, you can't do that yet. I only eat cloud bread now which is extremely low carb, no fibre but oh so yummy. Most of the Atkins products have fibre.
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started Atkins on Sunday and today I looked at my past two days and noticed that I'm really low on fiber intake. For veggies I've been eating mostly spinach and broccoli, but I guess not enough. I did some looking today and found a nice list of higher fiber foods with low carbs: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/nutrition/a/fibercounts.htm
    I also went to the store and purchased a fiber supplement to help and some of the Atkins bars.

I was just curious if anyone else had any other suggestions? I know avocados are pretty high in fiber, but from what I've read we're supposed to limit those to half an avocado a day.

You don't need extra fiber. You need protein and fats. Eat what you want to eat to satisfy your hunger among the allowed veggies and fruits and deduct the fiber from your carbs to determine your NET carbs, but do not obsess about them.