HELP!!

Options
lpalczer
lpalczer Posts: 14 Member
Ok I am new to this message board so if I am asking a repeat question please forgive me.

I have been using the elipitical for 40 - 50 min then using a machine thats like cross country skiing for 35 min I really want to be able to run a 5K this summer. I have no idea how to begain this part of my journey. If some one can give me tips of what to do it will be greatly appreaciated.

Replies

• xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    C25K is a great program. If you have a smartphone, download one of the free apps and follow the training regimen. Worked well for me. First 5K was sub 30:00 and the 2nd was sub 25:00. As long as you can walk, it will work.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    what trout said..the c25k program will help you do exactly that..check out the free apps for it on iphones and androids. get some decent running shoes and away you go...
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ditto what Trout and Bluefox said. Get a C25K app and away you go. I was never a runner in my life and started this program on New Years. I start my 8th week tomorrow. I am not fast but I can now say I have become a runner at the age of 50.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Just want to second (or fourth) everybody. If you don't have a smartphone, you can download a podcast to an MP3 player as well. The NHS has a good free one: http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx#close