Let's talk medication

Options
Cindym82
Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
So I go in for my 1 yr lab work tomorrow, and see the endo on the 27th for a 1 year follow up. He did not put me on meds the last year because she needed lab results over a period of time to see if my level change. I still have a bunch of symptoms and contantly feel like garbage. I basically feel like going in there and demanding he medicates me even if I'm within "normal range". Any feedback on what exactly I should say when I go in there?

Replies

• julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    www.stopthethyroidmadness.com is a fabulous tool and resource that has information that you can bring to your Dr. to let him/her know you have done your homework. A lot of docs tend to use labs as their sole determiner for treatment, a few will allow you to use your symptoms with labs to gauge it. As a woman with Hypothyroidism and a mother of a son with Hashimoto's and Rheumatoid Arthritis, I have learned that the medical community (I am a nurse) only follows certain protocols and some of these Immune system/endocrine issues are not black and white. Research, advocate and fight for treatment that you need. Write it all down in a brief note that allows you to stay on task so that you can get your point across. Good luck!!! You are in my prayers:smile:
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Did your doctor just test your TSH, or did they test your actual thyroid hormones? (free T3 and free T4)

"Normal range" is something very hotly debated when it comes to TSH, and then there are individual requirements within that range. What were your actual results? I personally can't have my TSH over 1.0!

Have you been tested for Hashimoto's antibodies?