How warm for you to get back outside running or cycling?

Options
2»

Replies

• npeery
    npeery Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a big pansy. I keep my fitness indoors unless it's 55-60 degrees or above.
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just got in from a 30 min. run - lightly snowing and windy outside. Don't get me wrong....I DO NOT like cold weather and can run in all kinds of heat and humidity. I just hate running around in circles on an indoor track. I've been out all winter, picking and choosing, because I don't do snow (on the ground) and ice! I did jog one leg of my circuit backwards (carefully) today, because the wind and snow were blowing in my face. Come on, Spring!!
  • shelleyfey
    shelleyfey Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Unless it is super cold or really icy(I grew up in Iowa so my definition of cold is different than most Indiana natives), I run outside. I can't stand the dreadmill so running outdoors is my preference.

Is Iowa colder than Indiana? I thought they were pretty much the same latitude....

Iowa is colder and more snow than Indiana, we lived there for 3 years, hated it.
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    40-60 degrees is perfect running weather to me.
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    where oh where is Spring???

Have you seen the news stories that show what the temps were last year at this time???

80's!!!!!!!!!!

Angie
  • runningmamaof2
    Options
    Unless it is super cold or really icy(I grew up in Iowa so my definition of cold is different than most Indiana natives), I run outside. I can't stand the dreadmill so running outdoors is my preference.

Is Iowa colder than Indiana? I thought they were pretty much the same latitude....

They are in pretty much the same latitude but I have noticed since we have lived here that Indy is much warmer than Iowa. Here we hardly drop into the single digits and I don't know if we have ever been in the negative digits without a wind chill here. And we don't get nearly as much snow as we did when we lived in Iowa or Chicago. Of course we have only lived here for 5 years.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    SURELY it'll be warm enough for everyone now.... what with the nice 50 temperatures coming up :)
    I've been out quite a few times in the last couple weeks.... 20s-30s are pretty nice as far as I'm concerned with proper gear on..