Rest Day

Options
Due to Presidents day I was not able to do my lifts on Monday.

I went yesterday but I want to make sure I get my 3 days in this week and weekends are no good. If I go again today am I not giving myself enough rest??

Would you only do 2 days in the week or 3 with no rest between day 1 and 2?

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Really depends on how far you are in. If I was back in the early weeks I would just do the extra workouts and call it a day. But now that im in my 12th week I need my rest time. Id just take it off and do some light cardio instead if you feel like you need it. Also when I have had to miss an extra day I always came back feeling much stronger
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    An extra rest day never set anyone back, and many report feeling stronger. I'm doing 5x5 every third day, and I'm on my 7th week. I'm 52 and I think my joints need the extra rest. I developed some back and shoulder issues when I did it every other day last summer, and now I've passed the weights I lifted then with no aches anywhere. I'm going to take a week off after week 8, and then every 6 weeks thereafter.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Due to Presidents day I was not able to do my lifts on Monday.

I went yesterday but I want to make sure I get my 3 days in this week and weekends are no good. If I go again today am I not giving myself enough rest??

Would you only do 2 days in the week or 3 with no rest between day 1 and 2?

When I was doing the intermediate versin of SL5x5 I often missed a day because of work and I would just make it up. If I missed Monday then I would lift Tue/Wed/Fri. If my legs didn't feel 100% from squatting on Tue I might skip the Wed Squats and just do the OHP and DL's and do a couple warm-up sets on the DL's before proceeding to the work sets. I've had some of my best workouts when I thought I was tired but went and hit it anyway, never know how your body will actually respond sometimes. Do what works for you.