Almost perfect :-)

Options
JaceyMarieS
JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
Had my 6 month check up today and received almost all good news

Starting weight - 322
6 months ago - 238
Now - 200.25
Verdict - Keep going! Onederland and the "overweight" category are next.

Starting A1c - 7.3
6 months ago - 5.5
Now - 5.2
Verdict - Well within normal range. Continuing Metformin is completely up to me - I've elected to reduce the dosage back down to 1000 mg/day, switch to the XR version and see where I am in 6 months. Since i am B-12 deficient, I'd like to see if B-12 supplements and lowering my Met dosage raises that to an acceptable level.

Starting Total cholesterol/HDL/LDL/triclycerides 207/37/136/169
6 months ago - 172/40/109/116
Now - 161/53/89/86
Verdict - almost there! Still need to raise my HDL and lower my LDL, but total cholesterol and triglycerides are now excellent.

Starting Blood Pressure - 106/71
6 months ago - 108/67
Now - 104/62
Verdict - BP has never been an issue

In January, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and B-12 deficiency and had an ultrasound of my thyroid done. That has come back abnormal, so I need to have an uptake and scan done. Just waiting for a callback from the nuclear medicine scheduling department

Almost a perfect visit - just in time for my vacation starting tomorrow night :-)

Replies

• LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Awesome. You've worked hard and the rewards are there. Fantastic numbers.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This is a superb result.

Ever since we became "MFP friends" we have matched one another stride for stride, so great to see we are doing it with the A1C as well.

Not sure I understand the significance of the thyroid and B-12 issue, but, I am sure you will tackle it in your usual determined way,

Brilliant, well done.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's a really great achievement and a just reward for all your hard work, very well done. Your methodical approach and careful analysis provides lots of useful information to many people in this group. Thank you for sharing your great news because stories such as yours are a real source of encouragement to every member in the group. Enjoy your holiday.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    What, an inspiration you are!..A huge round of applause! Your determination, successes and achievements (are) amazing!
    A grand slam, and I'm extremely happy for you!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    This is a superb result.

Ever since we became "MFP friends" we have matched one another stride for stride, so great to see we are doing it with the A1C as well.

Not sure I understand the significance of the thyroid and B-12 issue, but, I am sure you will tackle it in your usual determined way,

Brilliant, well done.

We are, aren't we? Now I need to get my exercise levels up to yours....you are lapping me ;-D
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats, KD, that's truly fanstic news. I'm so happy for you. I'll be thinking of you with the uptake and scan. Good luck.

Now enjoy that vacation!
  • idahob
    Options
    So great! Awesome job!
  • psv1012
    psv1012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration ! So happy for you and all your success.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    That is awesome KD.. very good news and you can see how hard you have tried and succeeded in this fight of being healthy. Keep up the great work and hope the test come back good for the thyroid/ vit. B-12 too.
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The hard work does pay off, you are an inspiration!