Induction calories over 2000

Options
Is it ok that my calories are over 2000 for the last two days? It sounds like some of you are having a hard time getting enough calories. I'm really worried and need to get thinner before my husband comes back from Kuwait. Should I cut some calories?

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I didn't start counting calories in induction until after the second week. The hardest part of induction is getting through the cravings for carbs, so I wouldn't worry about the calories, as long as your carb count looks good. After the second week in induction, I cut my calories back to about 1500--and yes, eating all veggies, it is hard to reach 1500. Mayo, butter, eggs and cream cheese are helpful with getting enough calories.
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I didn't start counting calories in induction until after the second week. The hardest part of induction is getting through the cravings for carbs, so I wouldn't worry about the calories, as long as your carb count looks good. After the second week in induction, I cut my calories back to about 1500--and yes, eating all veggies, it is hard to reach 1500. Mayo, butter, eggs and cream cheese are helpful with getting enough calories.

Totally agree! My first weeks were higher as I got used to no carbs. Later, your hunger dissipates and that's when you might have trouble eating enough.

Luckily, you lose the most weight in your first few weeks as well. Don't skimp on fat. It's hard to retrain your brain, but really the more fat the better.
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Is it ok that my calories are over 2000 for the last two days? It sounds like some of you are having a hard time getting enough calories. I'm really worried and need to get thinner before my husband comes back from Kuwait. Should I cut some calories?

I hope you have found the longer you eat low carb and keep your fat intake up the less hungry you become and you will naturally eat less or have a desire to eat as much. Eat to hunger. If you are hungry, eat something fatty and tasty! If you aren't hungry wait until you are!