Nursing Super Mommy!

Options
Hello everyone my name is Joanna. I joined my fitness pal to lose 100+ lbs and need all the support and help I can find. I gave birth to my second son in October and was blessed to be able to nurse him unlike my first son. I gained 20 lbs with this pregnancy and was able to drop the baby weight in the first month but now I'm at a stand still. I was wondering if any of the other mom as are in my situation or have been and have some tips to help me get back on track.

I know I need all the calories I can get due to the nursing and right now I'm on a 2000 calorie diet (500 included for what's lost during nursing) but I just can't seem to get them all in with exercise. Please please help=) I look forward to meeting the other ladies!!

Replies

• JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    I nursed my 2nd son 6 years ago, he's almost 7 now. For me, it wasn't about calories really it was about production. If I was making enough, then I was doing the right thing. The way I look at it is your baby is eatting what you are eatting in the form of milk. So stuff like fried foods clearly were not in the mix for me. I at alot of greens and low fat meats. I had gained 57 lbs while pregnant with him. I dropped 20 right away and the next 20 over 4 months while nursing. I would say just eat healthy, stay full and make sure you are making enough to satisfy your baby.
  • asakuma
    Options
    my daughter is just shy of 6 months and i still am exclusively nursing her. I try to keep my calories under 2k a day and stick to a "lean and green" (emphasize, TRY :) diet. I have been very good about working out almost everyday at home (ie: p90X or tapout..just started insanity) My supply has not gone down since ive picked up my WO routine. I have been a little extra hungry nursing but I try not to use that as an excuse to over indulge. I tend to snack on grapes and apples.
    Its just going to take time to get the weight off! i gained 32 lbs and just got back to my normal weight, but my shape has totally changed. Take your time and limit your CARBS!! (goes straight to the hips and stomach). good luck girly!