What gym do you workout in?

Options

Replies

• miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I used to go to the YMCA downtown, but since I've just moved, I'll be heading to Gold's Gym in Westmount.

ooh! Gold's Gym Westmount is right across where I live. Been debating going there, as of now, I workout at home. But I do plan to get more serious with my strength training when I can lift more than the current weights I have now. Let me know how that gym is!
  • exohglo
    exohglo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Snap Fitness downtown - love it
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Do you?! Is it always as quiet in there as I think it from what I can see driving by?? I am still debating on getting a membership there, but haven't sucked it up yet. But I NEED to get my butt in gear and make a decision right meow!
  • exohglo
    Options

Do you?! Is it always as quiet in there as I think it from what I can see driving by?? I am still debating on getting a membership there, but haven't sucked it up yet. But I NEED to get my butt in gear and make a decision right meow!

I've never been there when there is more then 20 or 25 people. Because it's open 24/7 (you let yourself in with a FOB when it's unstaffed) people are coming and going at all different times of the day. It's not a huge gym but it has everything you need. Good thing is that you don't have to sign a contract, which is awesome. All the equipment is also brand new, so you're not using old dusty machines. Worth checking out for sure!
  • AB4u
    AB4u Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Spa Lady NorthGate
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    World Health, usually Mayfield or Glenora.
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I used to go to the YMCA downtown, but since I've just moved, I'll be heading to Gold's Gym in Westmount.

ooh! Gold's Gym Westmount is right across where I live. Been debating going there, as of now, I workout at home. But I do plan to get more serious with my strength training when I can lift more than the current weights I have now. Let me know how that gym is!

That puts us only a few blocks away from each other! So cool, haha.

I like it. It's super quiet when I go, which is late morning, and the staff are super nice.
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I frequent world health club myself!
  • exohglo
    Options
    The clinic I work at is moving into College Plaza near the University and they have a gym and a pool that I'll have access to which is sweet!
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of a decent one for weights in the North. I have a pass to Londonderry rec but HATE it, no air-condtionning, not enough equipment for the amount of people who go. Not overly looking to get a contract but would do it if the gym was right, looking to get into weights but am pretty much a weakling so am starting from scratch.

I am itching for the new rec center in Clareview to open, I can practically see it from my house, it looks like it's going to be great.
  • CMay16
    Options
    Anyone know of a decent one for weights in the North. I have a pass to Londonderry rec but HATE it, no air-condtionning, not enough equipment for the amount of people who go. Not overly looking to get a contract but would do it if the gym was right, looking to get into weights but am pretty much a weakling so am starting from scratch.

I am itching for the new rec center in Clareview to open, I can practically see it from my house, it looks like it's going to be great.

I used to go to the Spalady in Northgate for the longest time. It is two levels: Upstairs is all cardio and weight machines, and downstairs is mostly all free weights. Always clean and the people that worked there were pretty great too. Unfortunately, it is on a contract, but If you plan on going there for the long haul, it's no big deal. And it was pretty cheap when I went too, either $23 or $28 a month.
  • CMay16
    Options
    The clinic I work at is moving into College Plaza near the University and they have a gym and a pool that I'll have access to which is sweet!

Whaaaat?! I used to work in College Plaza and I didn't hear about this gym and pool!! Even though I only worked in the little coffee shop on the main level there, that would have been a definite perk! :)
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    The Snap Fitness thing looks like a good thing. I used to go to World Health Club but I really don't like to sign a contract and I thought that they were shady. They just didn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling.

But re the Snap Fitness (Downtown .. ) Is there lots of parking as that would be my biggest concern. I hate to have to pay for parking downtown. Anyone have any idea ?
  • CMay16
    Options

But re the Snap Fitness (Downtown .. ) Is there lots of parking as that would be my biggest concern. I hate to have to pay for parking downtown. Anyone have any idea ?

This is one thing I have always wondered too. I really don't think there is any parking at all, just by looking at it, but I haven't looked into it. This is going to be my winter go-to, so going to have to find out and suck it up soon enough :)
  • Kevalicious99
    Options
    The funny thing is that I have driven by that location quite a few times, and have never seen a fitness place. So it just has me curious. I will take a trip to check this out .. hopefully soon.
  • BadBerger
    BadBerger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The Snap Fitness downtown just opened this summer; I think it's the old World Health. I work out at the one in Sherwood Park and it's owned by the same person and it's quiet and I always feel comfortable. Great place to get a good workout.:smile:
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yogalife and Commonwealth Stadium. Stadium is brand new..gorgeous...very spread out. Indoor running track!
  • Kevalicious99
    Options
    I just joined World Health .. as well I didn't like the possibilities of having parking problems at the downtown Snap Fitness. And .. their classes seemed to be a big screen tv and some dvd's. Just wouldn't work for me. I need some real classes.

It is a bit farther .. but really it isn't a big deal. I went to World Health about 7 years ago .. and did well there.
  • TheFitNinjas
    TheFitNinjas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Been gyming for over 4 years at Londonderry WHC.....but now its closed.
    So my new location will be Claireview WHC.
    :-)
    See you there fitness ninjas
  • Aelyssa1989
    Aelyssa1989 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Millenium Place. The pass is cheap and you get 3 other facilities to use if you have it, as well as 6 or 7 different types of drop in classes that are free with the millenium pass. Highly recommend!