First Week-Looking for Re-assurance

Options
I am currently on day 5 of my new lifestyle and some crazy things are happening to my body. I have been waking up with very low blood sugar and have experienced what I am pretty sure are hypoglycemic episodes. I am light headed, nauseated, sweaty, shakey, etc. I have to take a medication for my thyroid in the morning and wait to eat. This morning I set my alarm early. took my pill, and went back to bed so I could eat first thing. But I still felt like I was going to pass out or vomit as I cooked my egg. Did anyone experience this kind of thing while going through the carb withdrawl? Any suggestions other than to just wait it out? I appreciate any help and advice!

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you're not eating enough - in general, probably, but more specifically enough carbs. Your diary isn't open, so I can't tell for sure!
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Increase your fat and salt intake.
  • alevans1981
    alevans1981 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hadn't realized my diary was only open to friends. I have been reluctant to eat too many carbs, thinking I'd undo any progress I made weaning myself off of them. Been trying to get more fat, but it's so hard to get over my "low fat" mindset. My goals are currenlty set to 20C/20P/60F. I've been using the MFP generated calorie count.
  • dwest1976
    dwest1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating some baked sweet potatoes daily until you get stablized. I've been doing this for for 3 months now and I've eaten them regularly whithout derailing my progress. They come in handy if you are exercising.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It appears as though you are getting plenty of carbs including your sugar intake. I would keep an eye on our hydration including your caloric intake. Not knowing your stats, but 1300 may not be enough cals for you. Are you exercising as well? You also may want to look into synthroid (? If that's what you are taking if not whatever medication) and its effects on carbs, since you are taking in fewer maybe there is a link. For now I would eat calories close to what you were eating before. It definitely could be part carb flu but who knows for sure!

Don't be afraid of the fats!!! Eat up and enjoy!