Introduction

Options
sheldonbe
sheldonbe Posts: 33 Member
Hi all. Brand new here and brand new to OA. I am going to cheat a little here and re-post something of mine from another discussion thread where someone was asking about OA. Looking forward to meeting everyone, learning more about OA and supporting each other.

My wife and I are at a point where we have tried too many diets to count over the last 20 years, lost hundreds of pounds during that time, but always gained it back. We've had personal trainers, we've read up on nutrition, we use forums like this, we have gym memberships and we take a lot of other actions, but somehow we always "fall off the wagon" as we call it. We keep trying and trying, but we always fall in the end. We've come to the realization that we are powerless when it comes to food cravings and over consuming of food. That's isn't to say we haven't tried, and it isn't to say to we aren't successful and hard working people in other segments of our life. But the spurts of success we have had over the years controlling our eating have always come to a screeching halt.

We have started researching Overeaters Anonymous and have listened to some of their audio segments. Together we have committed to going to our first meeting this Saturday. Hopefully we find a group that fits us, but if not we are fortunate to live in an area with a lot of meeting choices, and we will simply try another.

Of course I have no idea if OA will work for us, but we are hopeful, and we are at a stage where we have to try it. Wish us luck and good luck in your own journey.

Replies

• vatblack
    vatblack Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have not read it all. Just thought I'd tell you welcome.