My A1C

Options
The doctor's office called yesterday with great news. My A1C test came in at 6.9! First time in 7 or 8 years! Yea.
Betty

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you! Keep it up!!!

My last was 8.1 (on 1/12), and I know it will be in the 7's or lower when I go back in April. Diet and exercise really do help!
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That's great news! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you! Hard work does pay...
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's great news, very well done. Success stories are always an encouragement to those who are still striving to reach control limits, thanks for sharing your success.
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Excellent! You are on the right track...keep at it!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Rock on, so very happy for you!!!
  • ksmcanter
    ksmcanter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :smile:
  • ksmcanter
    Options
    Good Work! I just wish mine was in the 8's. I am praying this diet does well for me, and I can come off of the insulin. I have never been on insulin before, and I just started about 3 weeks ago, because my A1C was 9.5, highest it as ever been. Usually mine is between 5-7. In the last 3 days, my blood sugar has been alot better, at least down from the 2 hundreds. I guess those holidays caught up with me, and now, I am paying for it. I hope you continue to improve on your scores!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    WTG... very nice news. Your doing something right, keep it up :)
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. It will just get better and better. This is so exciting. Yay.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to give an update on my latest A1c test results which I got yesterday. The encouraging news is that the test showed 36.6 mmol/l which is between 5.4 and 5.5. This was down from the previous result of 37.7 mmol/l which is between 5.5 and 5.6. The testsho wed that my blood lipids were all within the optimum range which came as a welcome suprise. My blood pressure was slightly up at 142/80 which was hardly suprising given the pace of life at the moment. I much to thank God for and greatly appreciate all the help and support from all my MFP friends. The mutual encouragement in this group is quite unique and is something we all value.
  • ksmcanter
    Options
    Great news! Keep up the good work!
  • ksmcanter
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! GREAT NEWS FOR YOU!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to give an update on my latest A1c test results which I got yesterday. The encouraging news is that the test showed 36.6 mmol/l which is between 5.4 and 5.5. This was down from the previous result of 37.7 mmol/l which is between 5.5 and 5.6. The testsho wed that my blood lipids were all within the optimum range which came as a welcome suprise. My blood pressure was slightly up at 142/80 which was hardly suprising given the pace of life at the moment. I much to thank God for and greatly appreciate all the help and support from all my MFP friends. The mutual encouragement in this group is quite unique and is something we all value.

Congrats to you as well!!! Amazing accomplishment!
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Very well done sir, I commend you. it's indicative of someone who takes their diabetes management seriously, and also shows how hard you've worked to acheive those goals for yourself.

Thanks for sharing your success with us. Congrats!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats that's fantastic! I'm so very happy for you! Yay!!!!!!
  • Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good job, to both of you!
  • wcucats77
    wcucats77 Posts: 180
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'll bet it was nice to hear those numbers, especially the Chol. Are you on any meds for Chol?