Anyone use calipers to measure BF%?

Options
I have more recently shifted my goals from being scale related to decreasing body fat percentage. However, I realized this morning, that I still weigh every morning and don't own calipers. I've used the online calculators, but would like to get more specific I think. Anyone use them, a recommendation on ones to buy or not buy? Also, do you have a certain website you use to show you how to measure bf? Can you do it by yourself or do you need someone to help, I think I've seen some measurements are on your back, but I haven't researched to much yet. Thanks for any info!

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some earlier this week. It's not the most effective way to measure bf%, but better than the online calculators I think.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Please come back and tell me what website directions you use and if you think it works good!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I ordered a cheap pair off amazon and it came with the book telling which sites to measure and how to do it. It also has a chart so you don't have to calculate it, just right down your measurements from each spot. Pretty simple.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I got mine on Amazon for about $5 and it came with a little instruction booklet with a picture/chart, etc. I'm studying for my Personal Trainer cert and just finished the section on measuring BF% and the instructions that came with the calipers is accurate compared to what my textbook says.