SHOULD NOT BE SURPRISED

Options
arnfolly
arnfolly Posts: 79 Member
So, I recently began adding more freshly cooked veggies into my meals vs just raw or salads as snacks. You know what surprised me? My cravings for chocolate and sweets have diminished significantly! I was just trying to add nutrients and fiber to my diet but found that it helps! Also, I am not as hungry which is great, now I feel satisfied when going to bed vs. hungry. :) I still eat the foods I want, I LOVE cheese, chicken and my bane currently is flour tortillas (love them even though they are a simple carb) but all I did was ADD the veggies to my diet. I am very happy right now! :)
Now, we shall see if the scale or my skinny jeans show my efforts in a week or two!

Replies

• lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great job! Always good to find healthy ways to satisfy cravings and increase total nutrients. :happy:
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I went on a strict eating plan for 2 weeks - no sugar, bread, potatoes just lots of veg, fruit and some dairy. I was amazed my sugar cravings went after a few days and by the end I couldn't stomach anything too sweet, it had changed my tastebuds.

SO satisfying when you can feel that work doing you some good, isn't it :-)
  • arnfolly
    Options
    yes Christabel, I was amazed! :)
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If you remove all artificial sweeteners (yes, all the "diet" drinks) plus any food that is "white" (over-processed) for a week, your cravings will almost disappear. If you can go 2 weeks, the next time you try something sweet or white, you may find the taste disgusting.
  • arnfolly
    Options
    wpbar, you are correct. I use very little artificle sweetners, I do not drink much soda if at all (maybe one or two times a month?) White bread none except in my tortillas. White bread is EVIL. :) I agree with you there! Thanks for the info! :)
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Taste buds adjust quickly to changes in diet. I really notice it with salt. Any salty snack I would have enjoyed in the past, I find way too salty now.