Working out with little or no free time!

Options
I have learned that as I get older, it is more and more difficult to lose weight so I have determined that the best thing to do is to workout at least 5 days per week if I want to see some results. Like most people, my life is not one that allows for a lot of free time to workout! On most days, when I get home from work, it is non stop!! I usually do any combination or all of the following: playing with kids, reading books, cooking dinner, helping with homework, getting baths, and cleanng the house. Once I get the kids to sleep it seems to be extremely difficult to get time to do anything other than taking a shower and going to bed so I have decided to give up my lunch hour and work out during lunch since we have such a nice walking trail and facility on campus at the job.

Replies

• Yecats1990
    Yecats1990 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are rushed off your feet! You don't get any time to be lazy :) Great idea with the lunch time walk, do you have a wii fit? They are great for excercise and fun so you can be doing it whilst playing games..... I got a six pack from the hula hoop game lol so I can only imagine it helps burn calories and help people lose weight. I also have the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd.... only takes 20 mins a day and I have seen some great before and after pics on this site. I only started it today it's tough! Any excercise dvd would be good for people strapped for time :) I guess maybe cutting some food out of your diet may help but the walking is great I did 48 miles last December and I felt amazing, I'm starting it up again it's an exercise that anyone with legs can do no matter how fast or slow. Wish you all the best and hope you see the results you want!! x
  • jenniferitzep
    jenniferitzep Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good job. On have the self control to work out on your lunch break .

I pick the kids up from school then drive around the school and walk on the schools track with my sons 5&7 We walk untill one of us gives out 15-30 minutes most days so one a good week week walk 5 days a week and get some alone time together to talk.
  • taylorrichard
    taylorrichard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The Wii is great to use for those of us who are busy! I tried walking down the street because a treadmill is NOT for me, BORING, but that didn't work because I'm always either working late or when I get home I have to cook and oops now it's dark! So I bought Zumba for the Wii and I LOVE it! I don't even feel like I'm working out, it's so much fun! Even when my 6 year old nephew comes for the weekend, he'll try to do it with me so we have fun bonding time too!
  • 21Jenny21
    Options
    Hi im new to this so dont know what to do really.. so il start by telling you a bit about myself then maybe you can help! im 21 in July but have put on a lot of weight in the last 2 years. I got pregnant at 19 and put on a lot of weight. I lost my baby boy at 7 months gestation and put on even more weight after.. i finally started getting serious about losing the pounds in september and have went from just over 11 stone to 9st 11lbs.. I have also had a swolen knee since November so cant do any cardio only weight training so its even harder to shift the stubborn pounds.. Any advice?
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I try to walk at lunch for 30 minutes and do turbo jam or zumba or hip hops abs or ellipitcal at night or a combination. This group sounds great. I look forward to meeting you all:smile:
  • tanyadiva
    Options
    I have learned that as I get older, it is more and more difficult to lose weight so I have determined that the best thing to do is to workout at least 5 days per week if I want to see some results. Like most people, my life is not one that allows for a lot of free time to workout! On most days, when I get home from work, it is non stop!! I usually do any combination or all of the following: playing with kids, reading books, cooking dinner, helping with homework, getting baths, and cleanng the house. Once I get the kids to sleep it seems to be extremely difficult to get time to do anything other than taking a shower and going to bed so I have decided to give up my lunch hour and work out during lunch since we have such a nice walking trail and facility on campus at the job.