2/21/13 Weigh-in

Options
Hello Everyone! I actually forgot to weigh in this morning, but I weighed in on Monday and Wednesday of this week and had maintained the exact same weight as 2/14/13 (my last weigh-in), so that is the number I will stick with for this week! I ate Valentine candy and had that big Italian meal, so I am okay with a maintain. Hope to lose some decent weight in the week ahead!

How did everyone else do this week???

Replies

• bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm hanging out at 216.x -- I've been 216.4, 216.6, and 216.8.

I'm hoping to drop in the next few days as TOM goes away!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Iamslimandfit Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well, I was curious, so I weighed in again this morning, and I was down 1.4 lbs since yesterday!!! :happy: So I will take that weight for this week's weigh-in, because I want to lose more in the coming week. Will try to remember to weigh in next Thursday (my usual day).
  • bethFromDayton
    Options
    I weigh daily, on DH's advice. I was weighing daily but only "officially" weighing once--and then getting irrationally depressed when that number was the 'high day' of the week. So, now I weigh and record daily and seem calmer about it. It's just information. And lately, it's been good information--I am definitely on a good path.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Iamslimandfit Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    bethFromDayton: Thank you for sharing! My DH likes weighing daily, too, as does Dr. Beck, of course. How do you know which weight to post to your ticker if you are weighing daily and don't have an "official" day to weigh in?
  • bethFromDayton
    Options
    When I feel I'm truly "at" a weight, I update my ticker. So, after 3 days at 216.x, I updated it to 217. After a couple of days at 214.x, I updated it to 215. I haven't been going up much--not more than 1/2 lb or so, so that helps.

It's not a scientific process :-), but it is currently working for me.
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I, too, weigh daily. I don't update my ticker until a weight has stuck at least 3 days. I have a tendency to update the ticker every 2 weeks. I need to weigh daily so I know if a weight is a swing based on what I ate the day before. I would get so discouraged if I weighed once a week and it was kinda high and I had no data of days before when it was lower.

Almost a year ago I changed from a scale that weight in .5 increments for one that weighs .2 increments. It really helps to have .2 or .4 lb swings rather than whole lbs. Since then I rarely have my weight go up for more than 2 days.

I'm finally home. I the last weight posted in this group for me was 172.6, this morning 173.2- smallish gain. no exercise for 2 weeks.