Hungry?

Options
jo_marnes
jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
I have upped my cals (by 200) and am still finding I am hungry on weights days - what do I do? Eat more? I am scared of gaining too quickly, though still early days for me (am on workout #6!). Have you gained much?

Replies

• rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The first 5 weeks I followed the calories from the book. I didn't gain but I didn't lose.
    I was hungy on weight days also, but not really meeting my cals on non-weight days.
    Last week I worked out my TDEE, cut it by 20%. I eat the same calories everyday now. I find it a lot more easy to manage, and not use the extra calories as an excuse to stuff my face.
    I lost 2lbs this week.

I used the In Place of a Road Map to work out my calories.

Good luck
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Sorry to sound like a broken record, but you should definitely eat more to support your goals. I have lost weight since I started the program, but I am eating at a deficit.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at maintenance per your TDEE or per the NROL4W recommendations? If not, start there and increase or decrease as needed after a month or so. You shouldn't gain (other than a few lbs of water weight) if you are eating maintenance.