Newbie needing advice

Options
tems78
tems78 Posts: 23 Member
Hi everyone, I am in need of advise. I have been adjusting calories for a few weeks now, started with eating back calories burned during exercise and was working out 6 days a week(purely cardio initially) for about 45 mins to sometimes an hour and a half. The thing is i get so hungry and barely manage to stay under calories even with eating back exercise calories. sunsays are even harder as i dont workout those days and have never managed to stay under calories(initially 1200 then changed to it varied based on how much calories burned each day, so anything from 1500 to 2000. I decided to start strenght training and its been 2weeks since i did this and i havent lost anything since i started, on the contrary i added 0.2kg and have stayed at that 2weeks in a row. I still have been working out 6 days a week with about an hour of cardio each day and 3 days of strenght training. So on days i strenght train i still do my cardio first and then weights afterward I have had a 0.2% decrease in body fat and inches around body parts that are quite obvious but no weight loss. The worst is the fact that i am ALWAYS hungry angettd physically tired all the time that after a workout i get home and literally fall into couch ready to sleep it off. Will a change from my current workout make any difference as the tiredness is becoming annoying.
My stats are
5'5
150lb
37yrs
Would appreciate any help with numbers as well as the workouts are becoming a chore with me feeling so tired these days.
Thanks in advance.

P.S
the 2000+ days are sundays when i get hungry and they are non workout days and so no exercise calories so that is me bingeing cos i get really hungry.

Replies

• tems78
    Options
    BUMP!!! Any help anyone?
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Have you ever calculated your TDEE based on your activity level? Sounds like you aren't eating enough calories and those hunger signals are letting you know that.

Here is the calculator http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ Make sure to chose the current activity level based on number of hours you workout weekly. Then select no more than a 15% cut.

If you have been doing low cals for an extended period of time consider doing a metabolism reset and eat TDEE for 3-12wks consistently, then cut at 10-15% for four weeks then eat TDEE for a week and keep cycling.

Also, lots of cardio means lots of calories that need to be consumed...you need fuel for high burns. Another great fat burner is strength training...not the actual act of it, but strength training helps you to preserve and build muscle which helps you burn fat. So, once you burn off the fat then you have nice toned muscles.

So, if you aren't weight lifting consider starting a program. Grab the book "New Rules for Lifting Weights for Women" to get you going.

Hope this helps!
  • tems78
    Options
    Thanks for replying. Yes used scooby calculator. What i'm unsure of is if i should do a reset or just reduce the cardio w/outs and focus on strenght training. Bus i was eating all exercise cal back so was eating roughly at 1600-1800 but thats on days i burn about 500-600 calories on workout days which is 6days a week. So is a reset necessary for me or just cut?