New to FOK

Options
My husband and I just watched Forks over Knives last knight. I'm wondering if this diet is realistic on a budget? We live on one income and that is a teacher's salary. We also live in CO where cost of living is high and vegetables are not cheap. I'm nervous about trying a whole food, plant based diet because of the cost. What have you found?

Replies

• jaimilt69
    jaimilt69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi KC, I have been plant strong for 3 weeks now, starting my forth but I have noticed I don't really spend that much more money. I have 2 kids who are not plant based at all and a hubby who is not into it but for myself I just buy a few extras of veggies and my day consists of lots of fruits and veggies and brown rice or quinoa. If I sat down to do the math I think I'd find that I'm spending maybe $50 more a month. But things that I have found helpful if using beans and rice with lots of different spices and herbs, stocking up on frozen veggies and buying stuff when good sales hit. I can tell you in the 3 weeks of eating like this I am no longer tired come 3pm and dragging, I have more energy, I am not bloated anymore and I feel better, I am also down 10 pounds. The hardest thing for me was to give up cheese but after a week it became clear how much better I felt. I also didn't jump right into E2 I did the cadet version, week 1 no dairy, week 2 no meat (though I haven't completely stopped some seafood) and week 3 I cut way back on oil, this week I am going to focus on getting rid of oil altogether.
  • daniellebfit
    daniellebfit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I heard a great quote last night you can pay the farmer or pay the doctor.

So far two weeks and doing good a engine 2

A bit frustrated the book doesn't list nutritional info