It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

Options
bonemuse12
bonemuse12 Posts: 20 Member
Last night I experienced Beervana and the depths of the Inferno.

I finally got to try a Westvleteren 12. (Split it with a buddy) Though I don't think it's the best beer I've ever had, it was the best quad I've ever had.

I also splurged and tried a very weird, expensive 2005 barleywine called Xyauyu (Tea Mosso - Copper 2005) It was flat. And it tasted like carmel cough syrup. I had to drain pour it because it would have made me sick to keep drinking it. It was very depressing... thankfully I washed the shame of choosing a bad beer out with half of a Central Waters Peruvian Morning.

This was in one day, one sitting. What's your best tasting day? What's the beer that didn't live up to the hype?

Replies

• capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    For me, it was Hopslam. Had my frist ever a few weeks ago and I wasn't overly impressed. It was good, and at 10% it certainly got the job done, but I certainly wont go out of my way to find it. My neighbor said he had to drive to a liquor store 30 miles away because all of the closer ones were out or didnt' carry it. Not worth the gas to me.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Best tasting day was probably a couple months ago (early December). Here are the beers we had
    8C114878.jpg
    The Anchor Christmas beer was from 2009
    The Supplication was from 2006
    Allagash isn't available down here and I had been wanting to try some of their stuff for a long time. It did not disappoint
    Avery Rumpkin - Holy Crap!
    The Immort Ale was from 2000 and was definitely the high point of the night. It was other worldly. So different from a fresh one.
    The Pinkus was nasty but we knew it would be and drank it to fck with my brother who must have been drunk when he had his first and raved about it.
    Bourbon County from 2008 - another Holy Crap!
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Best tasting day was probably a couple months ago (early December). Here are the beers we had
    8C114878.jpg
    The Anchor Christmas beer was from 2009
    The Supplication was from 2006
    Allagash isn't available down here and I had been wanting to try some of their stuff for a long time. It did not disappoint
    Avery Rumpkin - Holy Crap!
    The Immort Ale was from 2000 and was definitely the high point of the night. It was other worldly. So different from a fresh one.
    The Pinkus was nasty but we knew it would be and drank it to fck with my brother who must have been drunk when he had his first and raved about it.
    Bourbon County from 2008 - another Holy Crap!

This...this is beautiful.