Too many rest days....

Options
Today I completed Week 1 Day 3. I definitely took too many days off in between days of running because it felt like Day 1 all over again. It was discouraging and there is no way I can start Week 2. Should I add a Week 1 Day 4 or start all over again? Thanks.

Replies

• libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What is your body telling you? If you made it through week 1, day 3, then I would probably just repeat that day once more and gauge again, but I don't think you will find week 2 as hard as you might think. Keep at it and don't get discouraged! Progress at a pace you're comfortable with. I think I did week 1 for 2 weeks before I moved up because of my knee pain. It gets better, I promise!
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Week 2 is very similar to week one, so another option would be to move on to week 2 and do it twice. Instead of walking 8 times for 1 min, you are running 6 times for 90 seconds - with 2 minute walking breaks. So that's a total of 9 minutes running instead of 8. Good luck!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say, week 2 isn't too much harder than week 1. You should at least try before deciding to stay with week 1.