Clean eating - friends for support?!

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Kristen and I am new to MFP. I really have two goals, to lose weight AND focus on clean eating. This summer I plan on getting my first CSA (living in Vermont I have a lot of options ) but would love to have MFP friends who could share ideas!

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! I do my own cooking and eat fairly clean. I log pretty consistently and tend to be on MFP a lot when I am at work (I have a job with lots of downtime, especially on overnight shifts). I've had CSAs in the past, and loved em! They're great for making you learn how to cook with new veggies or prepare things in different ways.

I'm 28, 5'2.5", currently around 128lb looking to get down to around 17% bodyfat, which will probably be around 118-120lb.
  • Stacylynn1977
    Stacylynn1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i am looking for the same thing and could really use help. so if anyone would like to add me . . please feel free to do so . i just ask that you keep your diary open cause that's how we help each other ..:)
  • angies001
    angies001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started eating clean this week and lost 5lb! Feel free to add me.
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me as well.
    i don't track my food though.
  • kayenne78
    kayenne78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new ideas and inspiration too :) feel free to add me too!
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Add me too just started trying the clean eating need ideas
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I would love the same friends also. i begin this on March 13th.
  • aimeev2
    aimeev2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm new to the board too and am making the transition into clean eating, while also concentrating on low-glycemic eating.
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile and food diary. I am working to cut out processed foods and gluten at the moment, and so far it`s going really well.

Mostly vegetarian foods, but I still currently eat meat. I will be transitioning to a vegetarian diet once I am comfortable without gluten.
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    add me if you like x
  • TIUTaylor
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I am a huge clean eating advocate as well as a certified personal trainer! Once you eat clean and realize that it is a lifestyle and not a diet, you won't ever look back. I lost weight and gained confidence and now just use MFP to connect with people, get new meal/exercise ideas, and occasional track my macros!
  • thedreaddr
    Options
    hey guys :) im new to all this and was wondering if theres any vegitarians on here??? thanks xx
  • SallyJoT
    SallyJoT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I too am interested in support in my Clean eating journey. I do well when I plan ahead and then let it all unravel when I don't start my week with a plan. I am looking for support to help me maintain consistency as well as ideas to help me stay on track when life gets crazy.
  • YoungWife2012
    Options
    Hi! I love clean eating! :) I grew up eating this way and after a short stall in college, am back to eating this way but actually go a bit faryher than just clean eating for health reasons. I am soy free, processed food free, refined grain free, and mostly sugar free (still working on that one!) I also stay away from gluten and lactose. So anyways, I cook all my meals, and it definitely takes more time and planning, but so worth it! Feel free to add me! I log everyday and would be more than happy to send you any recipe you want. I love eating this way! :)
  • Java1981
    Java1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    I have been putting off eating clean but have decided that this weekend I'm going to start. I need this week to get my food ready so that I'm 100% prepared....if not I won't stay on.

I've already lost 40 pounds but have another 30 to go before my wedding next year.

Looking forward to chatting with you more!

Jasmine
  • Chucksteakswife
    Chucksteakswife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've been eating fairly clean for over a year now. Weekends are tough and i tend to fall off the wagon and get a little dirty. Changing the way I ate helped me lose 20 pounds. Now I need to incorporate consistent exercise into my week to help me lose another 20. Feel free to add me. The more friends and support for all the better!
  • snowangeljo
    snowangeljo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for people to share ideas and motivations with :) I have been trying to kick a junk food addiction and I have trouble maintaining for long periods of time. i usually make it about 2 weeks and then fall off the wagon. Sent a few friends requests to people on this board hope no one minds :) Cheers
  • LoveFitNation
    LoveFitNation Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to eat clean since jan - usually do a decent job of it until its family traveling time :/ would love friends, support, and ideas :)
  • mocatinho
    mocatinho Posts: 65
    Options
    Add me too, I am totally working on eating clean. I live in South Jersey and recently signed up with doortodoororganics.com and they deliver fresh veggies/fruits to my door every week. I love it and I get excited to try out new recipes. I would love to get to know everyone and share ideas.
    Tara