8TH WEEK TIP AND PAYING IT FORWARD

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
HI TEAM!

Back from sunny Florida to the cold snow....but so glad to have the three lab puppies back in their own environment. 3 Pups, a kid, a hubby, a cat in moms condo in the bird preserve for a week an interesting vacation..... Good news I believe I gained 1 pound and no more than 2...very pleased with those results with my sugar choices for food.

This vacation is what brought me to tips and paying it forward for our weeks topic. So, since this is a lifestyle we are chosing, what can we offer eachother for tips to remain successful while "living".

My tips for vacation:

* Work out like there is no tomorrow before you leave both ways--no guilt for recovery day (travel day)
* Drink plenty of water during whole trip (stay hydrated)
* Enjoy the pleasures of what normally isn't on the menu (you will be back on menu soon enough) for me this was keylime pie and almond bear claws.
* Ask others around you to help you by encouraging and supporting you to stay on track.

Pay it forward:

* Find a healthy dish while on vacation and share it with those around you (paying it forward)
* Ask others to walk with you, exercise with you (it is more fun when you have company, and it may be just what they need) asked mom and my son to walk the reserve with me--about 6-7 miles. Mom made it about 4, and Tom made the whole thing. He was much slower than me (he's a kid 24 yrs old), but at their pace it was fun for all. Lookie there we all got some exercise, and some much needed visiting.

Just a couple of ideas. I would LOVE to get tips from you all...I'm at the point where I need a push in the right direction. I need help with time issues. Finding time to get my exercise in with a demanding job, demanding pups, and a tight schedule. Your advice is much appreciated. oh and keep in mind when I get home after work I am usually COOKED. THANK YOU!!!

Next week we will do weight, measurement, and goal updates.....

Shanya you kicked my butt with steps and I went hard...you rock!!!! Tamie welcome back to fitbit...let's go....

Replies

• calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you had a great trip. and successful in a healthy lifestyle. Kudos to you. I agree that when you go on vacation, you should find some balance or enjoyment and healthiness. I have done it both ways. One way you come back with guilt and major set backs, the other you come back proud. Great Job Marla!!

Ok...for me, this week....well it was tough, last weekend started off with company. So of course I was off track a bit. I still fit my exercise in and tried to make good choice. By Wednesday I could tell I was getting sick. I have not exercised since Thursday. My weight is about the same. Maybe down a half pound. I have an analog scale so I am not sure the exact and will wait until it moves the full pound to record it.

My goal for this next week is to get in my full 300 minutes of exercise....even if I can't exercise today.
    Get back on track food wise. I'd like for no snacks to be in my house, but there will be birthday brownies in the house this week for my son. UGG. ok, well I always like everything in moderation, if it fits in my calories. So...I really need to be careful.

I will write in my diary daily (I always do, I'm obsessed) and log everything.
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great work Marla! You made vacationing a relaxing success! :-)

Getting off track is hard, especially when you are sick!
    My week didn't go so well last week either; between being sick and a number of out of routine occurances. I still tried to exercise as much as I could handle, but I got to the point that my body just needed rest!

My tip/pass it forward:
    Whatever the reason is that gets/got you off track, let it be vacation or just a bad day...one bad meal, day or even week doesn't have to stop your success, you can and will make it through with persiverience and patience! That one meal/snack doesn't have to ruin your day, it can end right there! A break from exercise does our body well; although only a two day break is most benifficial. Although there are times which are beyond our control, like when were sick, that we have more time off from exercise. Reguardless of the limited time or reasoning, remember that you and your body will benefit in many ways and come back stronger then before!

My main goal this week is to get back into logging 100%; submitting at the end of each day, every single day (even through the weekends), and be excepting and happy with each day! All new information that I have learned being fully applied reguarding my Celiac Disease!

I wonder how much longer it will be until I am happy to wear my new shorts to the gym?...

Have a great week everyone!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I wore my new shorts today!! :-) > Will continue to wear the shorts, but with a different style of shirt for a while lol
    ...still scared of the scale lol
  • laura920
    Options
    I wore my new shorts today!! :-) > Will continue to wear the shorts, but with a different style of shirt for a while lol
    ...still scared of the scale lol

Good for you! :smile:
  • laura920
    Options
    We picked up our new puppy Friday night! I forgot how exhausting a 9 week old puppy can be. Needless to say I'm fried, up a few times a night to take him outside.

Lots of chasing and lots of scooping up 18 lbs to get him outside. Because he is a large breed dog he shouldn't do a lot of steps yet so I have a new built in strength trainer for a few weeks until he gets too big to pick up. By then he should be house trained and we should't have too many episodes of stopping in mid squat to scoop him up and get him outside.

Since I signed up for a 5k in July I am working with a few of the girls to set up a training schedule for us.

I haven't been on the scale for over a week.

• MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    We picked up our new puppy Friday night! I forgot how exhausting a 9 week old puppy can be. Needless to say I'm fried, up a few times a night to take him outside.

Lots of chasing and lots of scooping up 18 lbs to get him outside. Because he is a large breed dog he shouldn't do a lot of steps yet so I have a new built in strength trainer for a few weeks until he gets too big to pick up. By then he should be house trained and we should't have too many episodes of stopping in mid squat to scoop him up and get him outside.

Since I signed up for a 5k in July I am working with a few of the girls to set up a training schedule for us.

I haven't been on the scale for over a week.

YAY!!! 3 Doggies
    Must have pictures!! :) Large breeds can do some walking, and mom they can learn sit and down while you do sit ups next to them. OH and they can learn stay as you put them at one end of a room and do lunges to the other side...just sayin... (Yeah my pups think I'm nuts too--but they have sit, down, and stay real well.) Don't forget pictures pweeeze