Help me choose a goal weight

Options
Fittreelol
Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
Hello. Hoping you nice smart folks can help me out here.

Background: 5'6". F. Currently 201lbs. I started keeping track of measurements for bf 12/30/12. Military currently says 38.65 (started 41.82) covert baily 28.3 (started 28.9.) So I'm estimating somewhere mid 30's. I'm sure as I get fitter there will be a less ridiculous gap. Currently I do stronglifts 3x/week with about 30 minutes of light cardio on those days. I might add in 1 hour or so a week of straight medium intensity cardio.

I'm very happy with my losses thus far, but I'm unsure of where to set a goal weight. While I don't mind a bit of "you'll know when you get there" it's still nice to have a ballpark target. Ideally I'd like to get to about 20% bf. Using my current guesstimated lbm that would put my goal in the mid 160's. I can't imagine that my LBM would stay exactly the same even if I retain current muscle and bone mass. Google has been no help in this matter. Well maybe if I dug deep enough, but between weird weight loss scams and bodybuilding cut posts I couldn't get that far. 165 just sounds really high for an average woman with 20% bf, so I'm assuming there would be a decent amount of "other" loss as well by the time I get my bf down to the goal. So to sum up- what would be a good ballpark goal weight for me?

Thanks all!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    ~150ish for a rough target, although obviously this number isn't terribly important.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    ~150ish for a rough target, although obviously this number isn't terribly important.

^^yep. Some perspective, I am 5 6" also and 148lb with a BF% somewhere in the high teens.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

^^yep. Some perspective, I am 5 6" also and 148lb with a BF% somewhere in the high teens.

^ and this was exactly why I recommended what I did. :)
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thanks for such a quick response. I realize the number isn't really that important, but it's still nice to have one :laugh: