High protein chips and cookies?! Say whaaat?!

MDixon26
MDixon26 Posts: 44 Member
My nutritionist introduced me to Kay's Natural's during our last support group meeting. I thought I'd share with you guys!

So far I have only tried the Nacho Chili Cheese chips and they were good, but a little spicy for my tastes. Really looking forward to trying the Mac 'n' Cheese puffs. Mac 'n' cheese taste with 12g of protein and the texture of a cheese ball? Yes please.

Here is there website: http://shop.kaysnaturals.com/

Here is a link they sent me to give friends 20% off http://go.referralcandy.com/share/8RXGCGD

I hope this helps anyone who is like me, and needs crunchy ways to find protein.

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Ketogenx also has high protein, low cal, low sugar, lower carb chips and snacks. Can find them on their website or the Bariatric Advantage website. Lots of flavors and they are delicious!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Bariatric Choice sells Healthwise Protein chips. I love the BBQ and Ranch ones. They are kinda pricey at $1.60 for a small bag. I have heard the Kay's brand are nasty. I have samples of the Bariatric Advantage Ketogenx ones but haven't tried the chips. I did try the Ketogenx protein bars and they were icky.
    Bariatric Choice also sells alot of foods with lots of protein in them. I have ordered the Mac n Cheese and Fettecini and they were good and had more protein than the stuff you buy locally at your grocery store.
    Bariatric Choice has free shipping on $50 or more so I usually buy 10-20 bags of the Health wise protein chips at one time to not have to pay shipping plus my Celebrate vitamins or Nectar protein shake mix.
  • annwyatt69
    The Bariatric Advantage protein chips are actually made by Ketogenx, but sold by BA also. Yes, they are definitely pricey, but I use ALL of the BA products because they are made especially for gastric bypass patients. I know that Celebrate is just as good as BA.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    The Bariatric Advantage protein chips are actually made by Ketogenx, but sold by BA also. Yes, they are definitely pricey, but I use ALL of the BA products because they are made especially for gastric bypass patients. I know that Celebrate is just as good as BA.

I couldn't eat the bars they make. They didn't taste good to me. I haven't tried the chips yet. I need to though. I really like the Healthwise protein chips. I usually eat 1/2 bag at lunch with meat and cheese M-F.
    I used Celebrate vitamins but don't know if they have any protein chips or bars. For protein bars I usually eat Quest, Think Thin or Power Crunch. Current Power Crunch are my favs right now. Some people don't like Quest but I love them. I like the Brownie one, Peanut Butter one and want to try the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough one and Banana one also.
  • annwyatt69

I couldn't eat the bars they make. They didn't taste good to me. I haven't tried the chips yet. I need to though. I really like the Healthwise protein chips. I usually eat 1/2 bag at lunch with meat and cheese M-F.
    I used Celebrate vitamins but don't know if they have any protein chips or bars. For protein bars I usually eat Quest, Think Thin or Power Crunch. Current Power Crunch are my favs right now. Some people don't like Quest but I love them. I like the Brownie one, Peanut Butter one and want to try the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough one and Banana one also.

The reason I prefer them is they don't have an overly sweet taste and have 16-20 grams of protein with only 90-120 calories per bar--very low carb and low sugar. When I went into this surgery, I gave up sweets, and learned to not need those kinds of snacks really. I understand that there are people who have a difficult time giving up their snack time. Also BA is made specifically for the nutritional needs of bariatric surgery patients, as opposed to the others who are made more for body builders, etc. But, I also believe that each person is unique and what works for one may not be right for another.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    I love the Quest protein bars. The chocolate brownie has been my staple for a while, but I just got a case of the chocolate chip cookie dough, and they are soooooo good. Warm them up just a little, and you would think you are eating the real thing, with only 190 calories, 21 grams of protein, and 17 grams of fiber.
  • MDixon26
    MDixon26 Posts: 44 Member
    I didn't know about the Ketogenx chips, I'm going to have to try those now! Since I finally got my order I thought I'd update on how it was. Yum. (well, for some things).

The Apple Cinnamon cereal is my favorite. Tastes like Apple Jacks. I also love the cinnamon almond cookie bites, the honey almond, too bland for me.

I love, love, love, the mac and cheese puffs. Especially for a side like for a little sandwich or cottage cheese. The white cheddar cruncheeze, too powdery for me.

I hope this helps at least some people, so far everything I've tried from them, even if I didn't love it, wasn't bad flavored at all.