Morning Runs :)

Options
On week 7 and have done the first two runs first thing in the morning, 7am on Saturday and 6am today. I really quite enjoyed doing them at this time and much more than expected. It's a great feeling knowing that your run is done and you have the whole day ahead and I definitely feel more energised. OH thinks I'm bonkers for doing it so early :) Anyone else a morning runner?

Replies

• WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have not yet, though plan too in the summer months to come!
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I will be a morning runner once the snow and ice melts a bit and its above 0 outside. Right now I run out the door to the gym when my husband walks in at night, and its a pain, but its not safe to run outside. I get up early anyway, and there is nothing I love more then being outside at 5:30am on a beauful summer day.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I squeeze one in on Sunday. I love it when the sun is low behind you and your long shadow looks thin and athletic. I also like seeing the black mailboxes steam as the sun warms the frost on them.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am at the gym every morning at 5 (or outside during the summer). It sets the tone for my whole day, I eat better, I feel better and my metabolism is up. It's not for everyone but it works for me.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I squeeze one in on Sunday. I love it when the sun is low behind you and your long shadow looks thin and athletic. I also like seeing the black mailboxes steam as the sun warms the frost on them.

Love that visual!!