eating at TDEE every four-six weeks? is that right?

Options
I think I read this is in the toolkit but I can't find it now. Do we go back to TDEE every four to six weeks for one week and then cut again?

Replies

• fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    The Toolkit pdf says, "After 8-12 weeks of cutting, take a diet break, and eat at TDEE for one week."

I'm older and my metabolism is stubborn. So I'm trying to eat at cut for 4 weeks and TDEE for 1 week (for now) to see how I do. I might change that up later.

Edited to add:
    At the bottom of the pdf, it say, "We recommended one week off after every 4-6 weeks in deficit, or two weeks off after
    every 8-12 week deficit."
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating at TDEE, I just take a rest week from activity but don't change my caloric intake. I've found it gives my body adequate rest from the constant exercise and I feel stronger and more energized after my 1 week rest.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    The Toolkit pdf says, "After 8-12 weeks of cutting, take a diet break, and eat at TDEE for one week."

I'm older and my metabolism is stubborn. So I'm trying to eat at cut for 4 weeks and TDEE for 1 week (for now) to see how I do. I might change that up later.

Edited to add:
    At the bottom of the pdf, it say, "We recommended one week off after every 4-6 weeks in deficit, or two weeks off after

This.

The longer you eat at deficit, then a diet break is recommended, in order to prevent plateau. When you stay in deficit for too long, your body adapts. Metabolism will always increase or decrease in order to meet the demand of cals given. This is what ends up leading most of us to EM2WL in the first place (we lower cals, body adapts/plateau, we lower again, plateau, etc., until we have nowhere to go)

Going back up to maintenance ever so often helps your body to always remember what maintenance *is*, and react to your deficit.

The leaner you are, the more frequent the diet breaks should be (4-6wks) , the more weight you have to lose they can be further apart (8-10wks)

~Kiki
  • grkathena82
    grkathena82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering about this the other day myself. This is good to know. Looks like I'll be eating at TDEE next week.
  • missjeevious
    missjeevious Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Edited to add:

This.

The longer you eat at deficit, then a diet break is recommended, in order to prevent plateau. When you stay in deficit for too long, your body adapts. Metabolism will always increase or decrease in order to meet the demand of cals given. This is what ends up leading most of us to EM2WL in the first place (we lower cals, body adapts/plateau, we lower again, plateau, etc., until we have nowhere to go)

Going back up to maintenance ever so often helps your body to always remember what maintenance *is*, and react to your deficit.

The leaner you are, the more frequent the diet breaks should be (4-6wks) , the more weight you have to lose they can be further apart (8-10wks)

~Kiki

thanks!