Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Phase 3 Carb Cycling

kkauz42
kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
I just started the "carb cycling" portion of the meal plan and of course I'm not perfect but I AM trying! As far as "carbs" go, I know she means the starchy carbs and not veggie carbs that she wants limited. In the calculator on the bottom of the workouts

(http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer-phase-3-day-65.html) do you think the is counting the veggie carbs? For tomorrow I am over my carb amount and 130grams out of 172 are from "starchy carbs" and that is 2 pieces organic 9 grain bread the rest is veggies, fruit, or nuts.

In the "meal options" section oatmeal, rice cakes, sweet potatoes,& spaghetti squash are listed, I would think that would put anyone over their "carb limit" any input??

Replies

• LoveFitNation
    LoveFitNation Posts: 43 Member
    On Facebook they have a Jamie Eason 12 week program group...I haven't gotten to phase 3 yet so I don't have any answers for you but I know they go into detail on some of their documents and there are a couple people in the group that have done the program multiple times...
  • kkauz42
    ^^^^^^^^^Edit^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

for some reason it wouldn't let me edit! Anyway, only 24 grams are from "starchy carbs" 2 pieces of organic bread. The rest are from veggies, almonds, some fruit etc.
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Is this low or high day?

My thoughts are on low day my carbs would be my veggies plus my daily oats as my only starchy carb

On high day veggies plus 3 servings starchy carbs (oats plus 2 more)

I totally get what you mean, what did you decided to do?
  • kkauz42
    It's a low day. For example, today I had some organic 9 grain bread for toast w/ my eggs 12g carb and post workout I'm going to have 2 rice cakes for 14g carb total so 28g carbs. The other foods on my list for the day include veggies (broccoli, cherry tomatoes, carrots, green beans etc.) then some of the fats she recommends (almonds, avacado, PB) for a total of 174g carbs. I also have greek yogurt which has 17g carbs so if you add that in with the "starchy carbs" for kicks, I am eating 43g of "starchy carbs" (even though Greek yogurt isn't lol) so 131 grams of my carbs are coming from veggies! My green beans have 28g carbs in them! That is the toast and 2 rice cakes combine! I am 100% okay with going over my "carb limit" with these #'s! I'm eating a lot of veggies, more than I have in the past and if I go over my carb # because of that, I'm okay!
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    LiveFit explaination of carb cycling is very general so I went in search of more info & now I'm seeing this a different way...we should be hitting the carb # with startchy carbs on High days!

I'm with you on low days going over due to veggies is fine with me

My low day is 80g of carbs, this mean I am really only getting 25 startchy and should eat 55 more?
    25 Oats

Non Startchy & fat carbs
    10 Green beans
    9 Greek Yogurt
    6 Almond butter
    16 brussle sprouts
    5 Avo
    4.5 Protein shake
    3 Almond Milk
    2 Stevia

Not going to over think it (might have already though lol!)

Got the following info from here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par32.htm

Approved Carbohydrates:
    Brown rice
    Oats (Slow Cooked Preferred)
    Sweet potatoes or Yams
    Fiber One (All Bran) Cereal
    Starchy Veggies (corn, peas, etc.)
    Beans/Legumes

Approved Yet Limited Carbohydrates** Only on high carb days
    Whole-wheat pasta
    Whole grain breads, pitas, etc.

Veggies: No, I did not forget. You won't find veggies (except the truly calorically dense ones) on the carb list. And here, I am referring to green leafy, low calorie, fibrous vegetables. Things like salad (no dressing), cabbages, escarole, broccoli, spinach, zucchini, squash, and kale are appropriate. Generally, any vegetable that contains less than 50 calories per cup will suffice.

Each and every day, whether it be a high, low, or no carb day, at least three meals, each and every day should include one cup of green veggies. It can be with or without your carb meals. I don't care, though you may find it more pleasing to the palate to consume your vegetables with your no carb meals.
  • kkauz42
    Totally makes sense! On my low carb days I usually have 2 "starchy carbs" which are a bread or brown rice maybe, the rest of my carbs come from veggies, Greek yogurt, almonds, etc. I haven't felt lethargic or anything that I notice due to lack of carbs and I usually try to have my carbs after I workout so I get fueled! That's just my strategy.

I am definitely not following this meal plan 100% correctly but I can tell you that my food choices are SO much better! I am eating SO many more veggies and I think I'll stick with not eating "starchy carbs" after a certain time! I have definitely had a healthy influence with this meal plan!