Goals?

Options
CarrieBeard
CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
SO... what are your hunting &/or fitness goals for this year? And... What are you doing to reach them?

My husband made a sticker and put on my bow that says..."Aim small...miss small".

I want to not just Hit the target.... but center punch it! Both with my archery and my fitness.
So, I am working out more, eating less and shooting every chance I get.

How about you?

Replies

• CherieOakley
    Options
    Two of my hunting goals came to fruition already--my first Florida wild pig and a great 7 pt buck opening day of shotgun. I've had a dream of whacking a tom with my bow, that would be ideal. My mentor always told me, "Make every shot a kill." and every time I pull back or take aim, his little voice runs through my head. So I guess my goal would continue as that, to think and make sure each shot is a kill, and to practice not just 2 months before archery begins, but all summer. Same with pistol/shot gun practice. PRACTICE does make PERFECT! Why can't I practice eating properly LOL Cause it isn't as much fun as hunting/fishing!

Good luck!
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Cherie... I hear ya on the Eating Properly not being as much fun! Good luck to you too!

(The Bass are beginning to spawn here... some really nice fish have been caught -and released- lately.)
  • CherieOakley
    Options
    Where are you Carrie? My brother-in-law lives by Lake Manatee in FL and the bass are spawning there, too. He caught 22 bass--landed a 6.5 pound large mouth!

Yeah, this weight thing SUCKS. I can't go an hour without thinking about it, what the h*ll! And now it's going to be all-consuming because spring is here and I don't want a muffin top above my shorts. My life would be perfect if I was a size 12. Hey, that sounds like the makings of a good country song. "My life would be perfect if I were a size twelve. So stop looking sadly at the candy aisle shelve..." LOL

Have a good week, Carrie!