thank you in advance for any advice you provide

Options
1) What's your current intake of calories gross, on average? I’m a bit of a geek and have been tracking/graphing this: It seems that I’m eating an average of 9912 calories week or 1416 on an average day. I am generally a sedentary person but I do work out hard 4-5x per week. I burn about 12975 calories a week or about 2129 calories on average each day. That is changing as was doing a lot of running. I eventually was able to do 13.65 miles in one fell swoop. I’ve realized that I need to focus less on big cardio burns and more on weight lifting and resistance training.

2) What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? Unfortunately I haven’t been tracking this. I’ll start doing that. I can guess that I don’t eat anywhere near enough protein and go way over in carbs and fat. I love to cook/bake and I eat a wide variety of foods. I do not eat the same things. Some days I go over and some days I go under.

3) Do you use a food scale and measure everything? I have a food scale but will be honest and say that I do not measure enough. I know that my eyes don’t see a serving size accurately.

4) Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?) Yes with the caveat above. But I do log it all.

5) Do you take cheat days or days off? Depending on what you mean by “cheat days” Regardless of what kind of day it is I log what goes into my mouth and I log my exercise whether it’s a fun night out dancing or a hike with my family or time at the gym.

6) How much weight have you lost so far? 11ish lbs. But I am seeing that my body fat is dropping slower than my lean muscle mass as measured by my Aria Scale and tracked by TrendWeight.com
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/905797-losing-muscle

7) What is your activity like, both exercise and non-exercise? I have a very sedentary but stressful job (I run a small social work agency - we work with very exciting teens). I work out 4-5 x per week. I have taken up running, I du zumba, dance classes, pilates and recently started at a cross-fit style gym.

8) How long have you eaten at your previous amount and what happened in that time frame? I don’t think I’m eating all that differently but the act of logging has really made me more aware. I also started making different choices on what to eat when I was running…because eating certain things made be feel yucky when I ran.

9) What's your height, current weight and if you know it, bodyfat%? I’m 5’5” and I weight 149 with a body fat of 30%

10) If you're stalled, for how long and is it a complete stall (zero change in weight)? I’m not stalled. I’m losing weight but I want to make sure I don’t lose muscle. I don’t really care how much I weigh – no one picks me up. I want to be able to hike and dance and if at some point in my life I’d love to be a shape other than a rectangle.

I want to thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Strictly regarding LBM preservation your best bet is to get on a lifting program and I'd recommend one that has you training full body 3x/week.

Starting strength, stronglifts, and all-pros are all good examples of this.

Please check out this sticky
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

Start with the ones at the top on diet information please.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    I will set that for my reading throughout the day. I did join a cross-fit style gym and have been enjoying the HIIT. I'll also look into StrongLifts.
This discussion has been closed.